Chapter 3

I frowned. "Don't flatter yourself. That's my next class too."

He smiled at me "Well isn't that a coincidence?"

When we walked into class we were a second away from being late.

Everyone's eyes darted up towards us when Marshall walked in behind me. Some girls had obvious adoration on their eyes and he put on an attractive grin for them. I walked straight to my desk next to my best friend Gumball (his real name was Bubba but I had a thing with giving nicknames) and he gave me a refreshing smile.

"Oh my, you must be the new student... Marshall Lee Abadeer! I'll have you take a seat next to Miss (Y/L/N). (Y/N) please raise your hand so he knows where you are." Mr.LSP said with his usual sassy enthusiasm.

It took me a second to realize that he was taking to me. You have got to be kidding me. I reluctantly put my hand up and Marshall gave me a mock look of surprise, then a sexy smile that I'm sure made all the girls jelous.

He strolled over and sat in the desk between me and the window.

"So...(Y/N)? That's a nice name." He whispered to me after Mr.LSP started lecturing.

"Thanks." I replied shortly.

After another minute he asked, "So what's with Mr.LSP? Does his name stand for something?"

I glanced around to make sure the teacher wouldn't notice me taking. "Most people think it stands for something long and hard to pronounce that he always abbreviates, but no one knows, not even the other teachers. People like to make up what they think the letters stand for." I explained.

He furrowed his brow and looked at the teacher for a moment then suddenly said, "Lumpy space prince."

"What?"

"You heard me. He looks like a Lumpy Space Prince-ish guy, don't you agree?" He kept looking at the teacher like he was trying hard to figure something out.

I looked at Mr.LSP then realized that Marshall was right. He somehow did look exactly like the term Lumpy Space Prince would apply to him.

I let out a small laugh at this and at Marshall's hilariously focused expression.

"Miss (Y/L/N) is something funny?" LSP asked, making half the class look back at me. I shook my head. "Well you should be paying attention and taking notes."

"Sorry," I muttered and turned away from Marshall to get my notebook out.

Out of the corner of my eye I saw Gumball giving me a confused look. He was always quite a goody goody and was probably questioning why I was disrupting class by talking to the delinquentous new kid.

I shook my head at him to silently say I'll explain later and tried to pay attention.

I soon began to feel a throbbing pain from the bruise on my shoulder and reached up to rub it.

"You should really ice that, (Y/N) it looks really ugly." Marshall whispered next to me.

I looked at him with an annoyed expression "Dully noted," and looked back towards the teacher.

"Seriously though, it's pretty bad. Is that pink kid the one who hit you?" He replied.

I realized he must be taking about Gumball, who was, as usual, clad in a mostly pink outfit. His love for the color was part of the reason for his nickname.

"Yeah, now stop taking about it." I told him, and he surprisingly gave me one last look and dropped it for the rest of class

Sorry this story doesn't seem very interesting now but more Marshall and reader scenes are coming up, stay tuned! Please vote and comment if you liked!