Chapter 14

Note before reading:

Only one more chapter left after this. I am in mourning. Don't forget to comment if you enjoyed this chapter. 

----------

Your mouth felt so dry that it physically hurt to swallow. Your lips were chapped from the continuous attempts to wet them with whatever moisture remained in your mouth. You barely succeeded to stay awake anymore and spent most of your time in a haze of relentless nightmares and visions that seemed more real than seeing your own fingernails digging into your own skin.

You woke up to the sound of a door opening, footsteps nearing you quickly. Your body still felt too tired and slow to respond quickly, causing you to open your eyes slowly. All you saw was two black boots before the man bent over and grabbed hold of your arm. You didn't recognize him at all and wondered how many people were keeping you here. His rough round fingers dug into your skin as his other hand appeared, holding a syringe. The pain of the needle puncturing your skin barely registered as you studied another star being added to your constellation of scars.

"Light up miss, he's coming for you soon," the man said with a crooked smile as he retracted the needle and let your arm drop back to the floor. And as the chemicals travelled through your veins, you felt your eyes become heavy once more. You smiled softly at the thought of waking up to bright blue ocean eyes as you felt yourself being lifted off the floor.

----------

You screamed in pain as you woke and felt a terrible burning sensation on the skin of your waist, your muscles convulsing under the electricity that was coursing through your body. You gasped for air as soon as the electricity prod was removed from your body, feeling sickened by the smell of burning flesh. When you opened your eyes you found them locked with a high glass ceiling. You could tell someone was standing next to you, but you felt it was useless and too laborious to look.

"Ah- there you are. Just in time," the man next to you uttered. Your eyes wandered to your arm, feeling surprised by the clarity you were experiencing. How long ago had it been since they had injected those chemicals into your arm? The man next to you had caught on to your thoughts.

"Oh- well we can't have you asleep when we are expecting company. No can we?"

Your eyes frantically scanned the room for a sign of Bucky, expecting to see him locked up in some indestructible cage; but only found heavily armed guards who seemed to be looking around in anticipation for something.

---------

Bucky and Steve felt positive they had been spotted on their entrance to the facility, but had managed to take out the two guards at the gate. It worried Bucky how easily things had gone so far; Steve finding the Hydra facility you were hidden away at; the lousy security around the compound. Something wasn't right. Bucky and Steve pondered this for a moment as they sat crouched on a ledge adjoined to the facility's roof.

"This is definitely a trap," Steve whispered. Bucky could do nothing but nod. But Steve's statement didn't change a damn thing. He wasn't leaving without you.

"All right- I think we should enter from the left si-" Steve began but found himself interrupted by a high-pitched horrifying scream. Both he and Bucky needed only to look over the ledge and look down through the glass ceiling to learn that was where the screaming was coming from. The glass was too dirty to show anything more than vague shapes moving around.

Bucky stopped breathing as he recognized the sound of your voice; it felt like his breath had been knocked out of him. The reality of you being tortured sent him into a cold-blooded rage he knew he wouldn't easily wake from. He would kill everything in his path to you for hurting you like that. His best friend's hand grasped his upper arm hard to stop him from throwing himself through the glass ceiling to get to you.