CHAPTER FIVE: She Crucify

The sound of Caitlyn's muttering and Powders humming filled the spacious bedroom that was in the Kiramman Mansion. Powder kicked her feet in the air as she laid on her stomach on Caitlyn's large bed, watching the taller woman scan over the giant map she had on the ground.

"There has to be a connection..." Caitlyn said quietly. "Whoever attacked the square has to be the same one from the Hexgates, I know it."

Her posh accent was filled with certainty as she twirled a gun with her hand.

Powder held her head up by her hand, looking at Caitlyn lazily.

"Did you see who did it? Like, get a glimpse of them or anything?"

The woman shook her head, dark blue hair swishing around ever so slightly.

"No. I didn't see their face, I only saw that they had pink hair."

Powders feet stilled mid swing as she stared at Caitlyn.

"Pink hair?"

She nodded, beginning to speak again, but Powder had already begun to disassociate, her eyes glazing over with a foggy look as she stared at the the corner of Caitlyn's room.

Her mind had generated the teenage form of her late older sister, and though her eyes were being crossed out with imaginary X's, Powder could tell she was staring at her.

Her sisters words from that night echoed throughout her mind.

"Because you're a Jinx!"

Memories of what had happened flashed through her mind, her breathing slowly beginning to pick up as she avoided her conjured sisters dead gaze.

"-der?"

"Powder?"

The younger blue haired girl snapped out of her trance, looking up at Caitlyn.

"Hm?"

"Are you OK?"

Powder grinned, internally grateful for Caitlyn interrupting her thoughts, as she was about to go into a panic attack, which would've been awkward for both parties.

"I'm good, just spaced out! What were you saying?"

Caitlyn looked hesitant to respond, a concerned look in her eyes, but as she was about to answer, a knock sounded on the door to her room.

"Come in!" The woman called out.

The double doors opened to reveal Jayce, holding a bouquet of flowers as he closed the door.

"How are you doing?" He asked, as the younger woman started approaching him, holding a photo in her hands.

Powder blocked out the conversation, only catching bits and pieces. Something about Caitlyn being fired, Jayce being a Counselor now and offering her a position in security, which Caitlyn refused.

Her focus was put on the map on the ground, then to the pictures Caitlyn had taken at the Hexgates attack.

Powder grabbed them, flipping through the photos, until her gaze zeroed in on one.

The airships sides and ground were dented in, as if being punched by something heavy.

There was also splatters of blood littering the ground, as well as remnants of seemingly a small explosion.

There were small notes in Caitlyn's handwriting next to the picture, which read:

"Damage appears to be caused by cast iron, no further information as to what the weapon itself was. The explosions are small, likely caused by non-lethal arsenal, source of blood is unknown."