CHAPTER SIX: Bloody History

"Powder!" Caitlyn called out, chasing after the younger girl who had practically ran out of the prison.

The taller woman was confused. Why did she run off? Was it something The Warden said?

"Powder! Where are you going?!"

Powder adjusted the bag on her back, getting into the boat.

"I have to find her."

Caitlyn grabbed Powders shoulder.

"Find who?! What's going on?!"

Powder turned on Caitlyn quickly, tears rapidly falling out of her blue eyes and down her cheeks.

"My sister! I have to find my sister! She's working for Silco, I have to help her."

Caitlyn's eyebrows furrowed.

"Your sister is Vi? Silco's daughter?"

The younger girl shook her head rapidly, and angry expression on her face.

"Whatever that Warden said is a lie. Vi would never work for Silco willingly. And she sure as hell isn't his daughter. He's probably manipulating her, or blackmailing her. I'm sure of it."

"Let's be honest, Jinx. She probably abandoned you for something better. You ruined her life."

Caitlyn rested a gentle hand on Powders arm, driving Mylo's voice out of her mind.

"Well, we are investigating Silco now given that his men were the ones who attacked the Hexgates. I'm sure we can help your sister along the way."

Powder looked up at Caitlyn apprehensively.

"Why would you want to help? We know now that she's the one who blew up the square, she killed those Enforcers."

"If what you're theorizing is true, and you sister is being manipulated by Silco, then I'm sure she did that against her will. I'm an Enforcer, we're supposed to help people, and that's what I'm going to do."

Powder sat back down in the boat, holding her head in her hands. Her long braid draped down her shoulder messily, strands of blue hair sticking up out every now and then.

Then, after a moment of silence between the two, Powder looked up at Caitlyn.

"You're really gonna help me?"

The taller woman nodded.

"Of course."

----------

Vi stepped over the broken window of the old arcade, sharp glass shards cracking under her boots.

The woman looked around. It hadn't changed at all in the years since she's been here, save for the amount of dust covering every surface. She remembered when she, Powder, Mylo, and Claggor were all chased out by Enforcers, when Powder had almost lost those blue crystals.

As she looked around, the tip of her boot hit something on the floor, making her look down.

She bent down, picking it up and dusting it off, seeing a scribbled version of Mylo's face on the chunk of metal. Powder had drawn it for the boxing machine, which had Pissed Mylo off.

Vi let out a small, amused chuckle, although it vanished as quickly as it came when she heard the sound of rustling coming from behind the small shooting game.

Dropping the drawn on metal, she turned on her heel towards the noise, and pointed the handgun Silco had gifted her a few years back.

Although, her guard immediately relaxed when she saw that it was just a crow.