Chapter 19: The Only Exception

Jack

That took a turn.

When I arrived at school on Monday, I thought the worst it could happen was that I owed Ty an apology for Saturday and he would be still sulking about it.

And I was totally fine with apologizing and making up to him. In fact, I was more than ready to do so. But his heat stroke threw me off completely. And it didn't affect me as much as I thought it would. I mean, I got turned on by him but that's not exactly new.

It just usually happens when we're naked together. Or at the very least kissing. But I haven't experienced that without coming into contact with him or seeing him disrobed.

That was definitely a first. Also, even though we don't have any classes together till the final one of the day, I could smell him throughout the school. His scent was so strong, it made me horny even when I was in a completely different class than him. Even at the lab with some strong chemicals I could sense him.

I'm afraid for him. I didn't think this was such a big deal, to be honest. In fact, I've barely even heard of heat before today. It usually only strike females for what I could gather.

Females who spend some time withholding completing the bond. It's sort of nature's push into that direction. Because you can't refuse to mate your partner. Werewolf nature won't allow it. I just thought we'd have more time, that's all.

Actually, I didn't even think males could go on heat. The problem with it is that it takes your ability to consent away from you. That's why he bowed his head in submission. He would've agreed to anything I'd ask of him. That's incredibly dangerous.

And not what I want at all. Of course, I want my mate to want me, to need me, to desire me. But I can't have anyone saying yes to me without thought, without consciousness.

That's no better than drugging people to have sex with them. Goddess forbids.

No, I want my mate back to normal thank you very much. I want the same guy who said that if I ever did something he didn't like, he would take me down. My feisty mate.

Normally this would be offensive to an Alpha. Or to any male with an ego, let's be honest. But he proved time after time that he could definitely take me down. That could be offensive to some people, but I'm cool with it.

I wouldn't be cool with anyone else threatening me. But he is the only exception.

Now, he's been here at the hospital for almost an hour. The doctors took him inside and haven't returned yet. Tony's here because of course he is. He is Tony. Uncle and Aunt are working but said to call if needed.

I'm pacing in the lounge when I see his mom and dad arrive. They immediately go to me.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault." - I told them on the verge of tears. His dad hugs me close and his mom is right beside him.

"It's not your fault. It takes two to tango." - Alpha Burke told me. He looked worried but I almost laughed at his metaphor, not gonna lie.

After we parted, they went inside to talk to a nurse, get any news about Tyler. I'm his mate but he's still a minor, so legally they are the ones who the hospital staff will brief about him.

Some time later, the doctor returns and I joined the Burkes to hear the news.

"Tyler's doing well. He came in severely dehydrated due to his heat, but we pushed fluids on him and some medicine to manage his condition." - The doctor informed us. I sighed in relief.

"But doctor, I thought only females got stroke by heat. Isn't it right?" - Alpha Burke asked, raising an eyebrow in confusion.

"Yes, normally it is. But because Tyler is mated to an Alpha, a male Alpha, his body is adapting to his new situation, reacting to his mate's Alpha DNA." - He replied, making the Burkes glance at me and I looked down in shame.