Part 7

12th August, 2000

It's Bestie's 18th birthday today. After a lot of contemplation, I've decided to buy him a pair of black jeans since he doesn't own one. More so, his wardrobe had been outdated since quite a while. So, when I went to school and handed the gift to him, he was more than surprised. It feels so good to know that you're the reason behind someone's happiness, someone's smile. I've never been fortunate enough to have people striving to make me happy, other than Mommy of course. But she has her own battles to fight. This is why I've always felt the need to treat others the way I'd love to be treated someday.

Only Cherryseth knew.

She might be just any ordinary tree to the onlooker, but to me she meant the world. She has helped me shape into what I am, provide me with the strength to live without having no one to take care of me. Tim bro left us a long time back for his higher studies in Australia, and I was left here in the hands of my half hysterical mother. Time has passed since then, though. And Mommy is doing much better. Recently, she's trying to catch up with her relatives to make up for the times she ignored them just to run away from the humiliation. What she failed to understand at that time was, they merely wanted to reach out and console her contrary to her delusional assumptions. And along with that, she has also been paying more attention towards me, although I don't really need that now. I've come a long, long way from being left on my own, and I'm thankful for that since I've developed maturity and independence at an early age. Not without the help of Cherryseth of course.

I always used to spill my heart out to Cherryseth about the on-goings in my life as there was none to listen to me. And mind you, I still do that. Call it what you want, but my relationship with the tree had grown stronger by each passing day, and it's my reason to breathe and go through my worst days without crumbling to dust. The interaction may be one sided, sure. But one can't form rational explanations about things that mean a lot to them because of certain circumstances, like for instance, when a dress holds more memories because you've spent unforgettable days in it with your lover, or your first teddy bear that accompanies you in bed because you can't get rid of your constant childhood companion. Just like that, Cherryseth was my possession that I couldn't let go of. Because she was the only living thing I could reside in and vent out to.

She has grown to be very very beautiful. It's true when they say that it's your flaws that bring out the beauty within you. She's a perfect example of that. Her defective phase is long gone, and due to that, she has grown all sturdy and strong with a proud stance. She bears lovely cherries, but what captivates me most about her appearance is her flowers. I could sit all my life under those flowers and not mind a bit.

The one thing that I've been inspired by is the manner in which she continued to live. She went through a downstage where everything was low for her and her chances of survival were next to nothing. But despite that, she went on. She never looked back, never gave up. Okay, I might be exaggerating a little too much, but that's how I like to look at it, and that's what changed my perspective of life. She didn't allow her defects to put her down and instead, she used that to build herself stronger. That's the kind of motivation each one of us need to remind ourselves that life isn't always about getting what we want. It has a lot more to it than that. Life is about struggling for your own self, for the loving ones around you. And in the long run, the road isn't going to always be smooth; there will be bumps and edgy paths along the way where you will fall. But what matters more is that you pick yourself up, dust yourself free of dirt and walk on forward like the fall never bothered you. But we're fragile, weak-minded humans, and we tend to forget to remain positive about our downfalls. However, we must never cease to try.

That's all for today, diary. I might not be able to write anymore for the upcoming days since I'm planning to go on a trip for the next few weeks. So, take care till then.