Part 3

25th October, 1987

I can't understand what is happening. I went to school today. I did not have fun. My teacher made me do work only and my friends went out to play. I came home and I see Dadda is packing his bags. He was leaving. Mommy was crying again. But she did not lie to me again. Dadda was very angry with her. I ran to hug him but he pushed me. I fell down and got hurt. I will show you my leg. It is cut. Mommy put bandage to cover it. When I remove it I will show you. But Dadda left us. I wanted to say bye and kiss his cheek. But he did not wait for me. I was putting his birthday card in his bag but he did not see it. I miss Dadda. Mommy said he will come back soon. I will wait for him Diary, I promise. Mommy said when I promise something it means I am serious about something and I will never break it. Then I will be a good girl. I will not break my promise because I want to be a good girl and I love Dadda. Diary did you see something? I can make long sentences now. My English teacher is very kind. She taught me how to make long sentences. She taught me new word today. It is patient. She said there are two meanings of that. Number one is the person who is sick and goes to the doctor and number two is waiting. So I will be patient for my Dadda to come back.

3rd January, 1988

It's been so long. I forgot about you Diary. I am sorry for that. I was busy with studies. But I remembered about you today because today is a very special day. Mommy bought a new pot for me to grow plants. She said I can plant anything I like. I want to plant a mango tree but Mommy said mango tree is too big for the pot. So I will plant cherry tree. She said even that is big but she gave me an idea. She said when the cherry plant starts growing in the pot we will take it out and put it in our garden! I am so happy!! She told Tim brother to buy cherries tomorrow. We will eat them and collect the seeds. I will take my plant to school and show it to my friends and teachers. Sandy has a pea plant in her house. She is very proud about it. I don't like that. I will show her my beautiful plant and laugh. Then she will understand it is not good to be proud. Mommy told me that. She said when people are proud their heart becomes black and ugly. And then God gets angry with them and takes everything away from them and punishes them. I am a good girl. I don't feel proud. I don't want God to get angry with me. Pompom is meowing at me now. I have to give her food. Bye bye!