convincing

chapter six: convincing

HIMARI'S P.O.V.

Y/N and I are enjoying our day together walking around the mall. We haven't spoken a single word about Kageyama since our last conversation and I've vowed not to bring it up again. I'm a bit disappointed that it didn't work out between them but I'm hopeful that someone else will come along and be good to my best friend the way she fully deserves it.

"How's Misaki doing?" she asks as we walk out of a store.

I sigh at the thought of how crazy my child has turned out. I just don't know where she gets it from! Must be her father. "Apparently she's got some issues in P.E.."

"Does that have anything to do with me?" Y/N then continues to ask a bit nervously, though I can't seem to fathom why she'd assume that.

"Of course not," I assure her. "Why would it?"

"Well, Misaki said she'd be good in class as long as Kageyama and I were making things work, but now that we're not..."

"Misaki can't blame you for not being interested," I shake my head.

Y/N then stops and turns to face me as though she's got some big secret she's trying not to reveal. "It's not like that. Something kinda... happened."

"Oh?"

"I think maybe Kageyama told her what happened and she got upset," she sighs, putting all the guilt on her shoulders.

"Well, what happened?" I ask a bit nervously as I fix my shoulder bag, knowing that she probably won't want to talk about it. However, she tells me all about her secret beach date and about the hearts from some other girl and I'm utterly speechless for a moment.

"That sounds so unlike him," I say in a whisper, still in shock. "Would you like me to talk to Hinata about it and find out what's going on?"

"If you're interested then you can," she nods, "but there's not much we can do so I'm kinda getting over the whole thing. I'm better off anyway 'cause look who was stalking me."

She then proceeds to show me her Instagram DM's from a random account where there's a stalkery picture of her walking alongside Kageyama. Not long after, I quickly figure out it's from her ex.

"Jesus, what a creep!" I exclaim as I hand her back the phone. "You should ignore him otherwise he's just getting the attention he so obviously wants."

"I know," she sighs, "it's just so difficult when he's fucking stalking me like that."

"Well, if we need to take some kind of legal action, I'll be right at your side," I smile, hoping to reassure her that she's not alone.

"Thanks, Himari."

"Anytime, love."

Later that evening when I get home from the mall, I set down my bags of new clothes and find Hinata and Kageyama sitting together in the living room

Later that evening when I get home from the mall, I set down my bags of new clothes and find Hinata and Kageyama sitting together in the living room. I sigh as I see them, realizing this is a less than ideal situation. I shake my head to myself as I walk into the kitchen, not realizing that Hinata and Kageyama notice. The two of them look at each other before Hinata jumps up and follows after me into the next room.

"What's wrong, Himari?" he asks worriedly. "Why do you look all sad? Did you not have a good time out with Y/N?"

He then takes my hand in his and tries to read my eyes for his answer. With a sigh, I explain what's going on and tell him everything that Y/N told me. I know she said that it is what it is, but I think she deserves some kind of explaination. Besides, Kageyama should never have agreed to go out with her if he had some other girl on the side.

"Huh?" Hinata hums confused. "That's not what Kageyama told me..."

"What do you mean? What did he say?" I whisper back so that Kageyama won't hear us despite my husband's loud voice.

"Kageyama said that Y/N broke it off with him saying that their being together was weird or something."

I then pull Hinata deeper into the kitchen to prevent Kageyama's keen ears from listening in. "But what about that girl I told you he was messaging? Why would he lead Y/N on if he has some other girl."

"I'm pretty sure that was his ex. They broke up almost a year ago but he still can't seem to shake her. She still likes him even after he constantly tells her that it's over."

I'm completely shocked that Kageyama let Y/N go over something so trivial. He's forcing himself away from her and missing out on something that could be great if he just gives it a try. I suppose it must be hard for him when he's getting messages from his ex just like Y/N is.

Having enough of all this back and forth, I stomp over to Kageyama and smack him over the back of the head as I round the sofa. "What the hell is wrong with you?"

"Ow!" he exclaims and he places his hand on the back of his head. "What did I do?"

"It's what you're do-ing," I correct him. "You're going to lose an amazing girl with that stupid attitude of yours!"

"Himari, I don't think it would work out," he shrugs, somewhat unconvinced of his answer.

"Why not?" I continue to press, hoping to hear the answer straight from his lips.

"We both decided it'd be weird since the two of you are together and she's so nice. I don't think she'd wanna be with some stupid king of the court," he huffs.

Hinata then chimes in to help me out. "Hey, nobody calls you that anymore. You aren't like that now!"

"Yeah, and it's not weird! We literally set the two of you up because we both thought the two of you would work so well together!" I add.

Hinata and I then exchange a look after seeing Kageyama's face drop. We're both determined to convince him to talk to Y/N even if it's the last thing we do.