Chapter One

I still hadn't completely accepted that I was in Dublin. The city of my dreams. All the polished shops and variations of people standing out on every corner. It was so much to take in.

I brushed back my long blonde hair and walked forward. Swerving through the crowd of pedestrians. I was trying to find Starbucks. My mom and best friend Charlotte, said they'd meet me there.

This trip was already amazing. I'd been waiting for this summer forever. Ireland captivated me since I was a tender age. Finally, I had the chance to come after I ended senior year and came here for the summer. One whole summer. Right before college started.

It was the first day; earlier we arrived at the airport and found our hotel. Then we all decided we'd go on our own for hour. Just to get a look around, a feel for things. We each had a GPS and kept track of where we were going so we wouldn't be lost. We had decided to meet at a Starbucks.

Finally, I saw a "Starbucks" sign and walked in. Charlotte and mom were already seated at a small table. The place was packed.

"Hey Ember!" Charlotte smiled at me. Her curled red hair framing her face.

I smiled and sat down excitedly.

"So what'd you think? This place is beyond words!" My mom said as she stirred her caramel mocha.

"It was great mom. Did you get lost at all?"

My mom giggled and then replied. "Nope, believe it or not. We planned out the trip so well and played with the GPS' before we got here. So I had it all covered."

"I saw a bunch of delicious guys everywhere I went!" Charlotte exclaimed with an eased smile on her face.

I just shook my head and smiled. This was totally Charlotte.

"That's great Char, me as well!"

"Me three!" My mom giggled out.

"Mum!" I acted astonished. But it was no surprise. My parents had divorced years ago and my mom was a free woman.

We all giggled and Charlotte asked me if I wanted anything.

"No thanks. I'm just too pumped about this trip right now, that I'm not even hungry!"

My mom smiled and her blue eyes sparkled.

"I think we're all pumped!"

The discussion continued for a while as we talked about some of the things we'd done. But then we decided to continue with our day and travel through the city for a few hours together.

After a nice dinner, Charlotte, Mom, and I decided to explore on our own terms again.

I was walking on a long bridge along a river as the cool night air swooped in. The excitement for this trip was genuinely boiling inside of me. I just couldn't contain it.

I took off my aviators and slipped them into my shoulder bag. A smile etched my features as I stared out at the glistening waters.

My cell suddenly buzzed and I took it out of my bag.

'What's up babe. x, Avian'

I groaned and started to type my reply to my ex.

'I told you to never speak to me again. Eff off. x, me.'

I turned the screen off and walked on.

Quickly, I forgot about Avian as he didn't reply and enjoyed strolling through the whizzing night air. People were everywhere but it died down a bit as I crossed through darker, older streets.

I sat down on a bench outside of a small cafe and let out a heavty breath. Irish accents were trailing around me. I just loved this place. It was truly beautiful.

A blonde boy, that seemed to be around my age sat down next to me. He smiled at me and then shifted his eyes out at the brick paved street.

"American?" His thick irish accent directed at me, as he turned his view straight at me.

I smiled and looked up at him. Suddenly, a strike of something odd buzzed clear through me. I caught my breath and tilted over the side of the bench a bit.

"I'm sorry, I'm feeling a bit lightheaded. But yes. I am american. I'm here on a summer trip." I said as I recovered myself. He continued to look at me with a faint smile.

I used this time to take in all his features. Blonde hair, blue eyes, irish nose, and a slight cleft chin. I couldn't explain how beautiful he really was.

He laughed and my intense look at him ceased.

"I-I'm sorry. I just....My names Ember." I said biting my lip and focusing my attention upon my hands settled down on my lap.

The irish boy eyes began to light up as he took in Ember's features. A striking feeling overcame him.

"My names Niall Horan."

I glanced up at him as he slowly shifted his eyes to the opposite side of him. Gosh, he was gorgeous.

"It's nice to meet you." I muttered. Gently, the stinging feeling inside of me was decreasing.

He turned back to me and grinned. His teeth were beautiful and straight.

"It's just as nice to meet you Ember. I was wondering if you needed help with anything. Seeing as you look like a visitor to my home country." He cleared his throat gently and pulled down his white polo.

"I'm okay. I planned a lot for this trip with my mom and friend. We're doing really well since we have it all figured out. But thank you a lot. I really appreciate your consideration."

"How long are you going to be here?" He asked with curiosity.

My phone rang just then and I swiftly took it out of my bag. 'Charlotte' displayed on the screen.

"One minute please." I frustratedly smiled as I pressed answer. Niall nodded his head and smiled.

'Hey girl! What's snapping? Your mom and I are at the hotel. It's getting late and we were wondering if you'd come back because we have some neeeeews to tell you!' Charlotte exclaimed. I heard my mom giggle in the background.

'Uh okay. I'll be there in a quarter' I said slightly disappointed that I would have to say goodbye to Niall.

'Bye Hun!' Charlotte chirped as I clicked the end button.

"I'm sorry Niall," I said with a slight frown, "But my friend and mom need me back at the hotel."

Niall shifted on the bench and bit his lip slightly.

"Ohh. Well...can I leave my number? Perhaps I could show you around or such?"

I smiled as I realized he wanted to see me again too.

I handed him my phone and he typed in his digits and name.

We both grinned at each other as he handed me back my phone.

"Can I add my number as well?" I questioned.

He took out his phone and gently passed it over to me.

I put in my number and name and gave it back.

"I'll catch you later!" I said with a bubbly smile as I gathered my stuff and got up.

He smiled at me boyishly "Just contact me whenever. I'm available a good part of the time."

I curved my lips upwards at him and waved lightly as I started backing up. Then I turned around and strolled down the street genuinely happy as I made my way back towards the hotel.