Chapter Six

"I'm so so so so so sorry Ember. I just, I need to go. I'm sorry." Niall said with worry in his eyes.

I didn't know exactly what to say. It had barely been half a day of our adventure and he had to go.

"Should I catch a cab or something?" I asked pursing my lips.

"Uh yes. I'm really sorry, honestly Ember." He said frowning with a crease in his forehead.

I got up from the park bench and pulled down my dress. "It's alright." I said, forcing a smile.

"I'll talk to you later!" He said running off towards his car.

I stood there for a while. Watching him take off down the road. I was motionless.

Then it came to me. The thought, the answer. Why I was feeling all this towards him.

We had a connection. Right from the start. Something different, something of love.

I took a really deep breath as I thought about him and what he did to me. I could already say that I was falling a little for him. Right from the moment I looked into his eyes.

I began walking down the sidewalk, the wind blowing strands of my bun back. I didn't know where to go right now. I didn't want to go back to the hotel, or call my mom and Charlotte.

I wanted to think.

I swallowed hard as my heart rose in a deep heat at the thought of him. The breeze in the middle of the park rose, and the weather became cloudy. I took a light cardigan out of my bag and covered my shoulders with it.

All the sudden I felt hot breath on my neck.

I turned around but no one was there.

My heart started racing and I looked around frantically. I knew I felt someone breathing on me.

I shook it off and walked on, returning to my previous thoughts.

Why did Niall have to go so quickly? Now I wasn't quite sure what to do.

I went to a hotdog vendor in the park. After eating the hotdog, I decided to head back to the hotel for a while.

As I was walking down a street full of antique shops, pubs, and cafes, I felt a buzz in my bag.

I pulled out my phone.

'Miss you baby (; x Avian.'

Another text message from Avian. I took a deep sigh and walked on, throwing my phone into my bag.

As I reached the hotel, I looked up at one of the windows to the hotel room of ours. I thought I saw a figure standing in the window. But it was a very high up window and light was reflecting off of the windows, so I thought nothing of it and entered the hotel; I figured it was just my imagination.

I checked my face in my cosmetic mirror as I rode up the elevator. I reapplied some Chapstick and put the materials back in my bag.

I entered our floor and began walking down the narrow hall.

When I came to the room door, I leaned against the door as I looked for my keys. The door popped open and I caught myself before I fell down.

Had Charlotte and mom forgot to lock the hotel room?

I checked the time and my phone screen read '3:55.'

I laid my bag down near the entrance and walked forward into the living room. Afternoon light shone bright through the big window and cast a glow all over the room.

I smiled and felt a buzz in bag, I pulled out my phone again, hoping it wasn't Avian.

NEW TEXT:

From: Niall:)

'Hey love. Again, I'm really sorry about having to leave so soon. Perhaps we can meet up again soon?'

My heart raced and I licked my lips excitedly as I replied.

SENT TEXT:

To: Niall:)

'Yes, haha. (: And you really shouldn't worry, it was no problem.'

I set my phone down on the table and went to my room quickly to fix my bun. When I entered my room, I saw a note taped to the mirror. I figured Charlotte or mom left it, even though they could of just called or text me.

When I opened it though, I didn't recognize the handwriting that had been scrawled out fast. My mouth opened partially and my heart pounded against my chest. Only a few words had been written.

'Stay away from Horan. He's not all that he seems. -M.H'

_________________

Sorry readers, this was a rather short chapter. But I hope it at least keeps you in suspense for Chapter 7.

I know it's a little cheesy, but I'm adding some twists to the story to even it out.

I'll try and write longer chapters in the future. :)

Thank you all so so so much for reading. I can't thank you enough.

And if I don't put out new chapters all the time, it's because I'm a little busy. But, I try to at least get 1-2 chapters out a week.

Also, if M.H happens to be your initials, then sorry hehe.

Have a great day!