two

"Come on, please!" Lucille begged the boy

"Come on, please!" Lucille begged the boy. Football practice had finish and the two where on their lengthy journey home. Luci's tiger hair had given her a disadvantage when it came to dealing with the climate, and she could feel her skin crisping and burning. She was sweating and tired from holding up water bottles for a hour, the girl didn't want to walk anymore.

"I'm not giving you a piggy-back ride." Georgie refused, he was also aching from practice and didn't want to walk anymore either.

"Please." She put of a teary look, shoving her face in the boys view.

"Stop with that look." He threw his head in the opposite direction, avoiding her expression and shoving her away.

"Okay..." The girl lowered her head, putting on her headphones, trying to guilt-trip her friend.

"Ah..." He groaned, watching Lucille kick pebbles, and pout her lip. "Fine!" He gave in.

"Yes!" She jump on his back, wrapping her legs around his waist and cupping his shoulder, "You're a saviour, Georgie." She reached round, giving the boy an exaggerated kiss on the cheek, pressing play on her Walkman. "Got a call from an old friend, we used to be real close."

"Oh, Lord, not again." Georgie rolled his eyes, adjusting her legs.

"Said he couldn't go on the American way." She rested her chin on his shoulder. "Closed the shop, sold the house, bought a ticket to West Coast."

"Lucille, please." He tried speed up, to end his suffering faster.

"Now he give them a stand up routine in L.A" She raised one of her hands in the air. "I don't need you too worry for me, 'cause I'm alright. I don't want you to tell me it's time to come home. I don't care what you say anymore, this is my life." She threw her head back, "Go ahead with your own life, leave me alone." Tightening her grip on him, she removed her headphones, "I know you love my singing, Georgie. Quit lying."

"You sound like a cat being ran over." He sassed.

She gasped, "Ouch!" She wacked him.

"Ouch!" He yelled back, "What the hell!"

"You don't deserve my beautiful vocals, anyways." She wiggled her way of his back, sprinting down the sidewalk.

"What are you doing!" George shouted after her.

"I still belong!" She sang down the streets, skipping her way up to his house, "Don't get me wrong." She added in a little dance to her step, "And speak your mind, but not on my time. They will tell you you can't sleep alone in this strange place. Then they'll tell you you can't sleep with somebody else. Georgie, let's go." She rushed him.

"I'm coming!" He ran after her, as she walked through the back door, into his kitchen.

"Georgie." Mary stopped her boy, "Would you do me a tiny little favour?"