Secret revealed

"But why? She looked fine and normal. What suddenly made her sick?" Dad was interrogating Mom, frustration evident in his voice.

"How am I supposed to know? I wasn't with her when she went to meet Nick," Mom replied, her tone sharp with irritation.

I needed to escape before Dad figured out that my sickness was a ruse.

"Mom, I'm feeling so dizzy. Can you please call Aaliyah to take me home? You and Dad can handle everything here," I requested, hoping to avoid Dad's scrutiny. I also wanted to see Aaliyah's reaction when her perfectly planned date went downhill.

"Mrs. Wilson, I'm here," Aaliyah's voice interrupted, her scowl deepening as she approached.

"Thank God you came before Mom called you. Can you take me home as soon as possible?" I hastened to her side, hoping to leave before she could protest.

"You're feeling dizzy, not faint. We can wait a few minutes, and I'm sure you'll feel better," Aaliyah suggested, clearly reluctant to give up on the date.

"Wow, Aaliyah, now you're waiting for me to faint? Are you serious? I said I feel dizzy. How can you be so heartless?" My patience snapped.

"Amelia, behave yourself," Dad reprimanded me.

"Aaliyah, please take Amelia home. It's my request. We'll cancel the date and explain the situation to Nick. He'll understand," Mom intervened, turning to Dad for support.

Dad sighed and nodded. "Okay," Aaliyah finally conceded.

We headed home, Aaliyah driving me while my siblings stayed with Mom and Dad to handle the aftermath. The ride was silent, tension hanging in the air. I stared out the window, grateful for the escape but dreading the conversation that awaited me at home.

As soon as we arrive home I run to my room and lock myself. So Aaliyah won't be able to come and interrogate me. She is so clever.

While I was taking off my makeup someone knocked on my door.

"I am busy. Come later." I respond without even asking who is there.

"Amelia, I am going home. Inform your parents." It's Aaliyah. Thank God she is leaving.

"Okay Aaliyah, thanks for everything. " I replied.

She didn't reply to anything. Just left. I can hear her loud footsteps.

After taking off THIS dress and putting on a hoodie and sweatpants and getting fresh I open the door and tip-toe downstairs.

Jack and Jeny are watching TV and I can't see Aaliyah.

"Where is Aaliyah?" I question my siblings.

"She left," Jeny replied.

I took a deep breath after getting this news.

"I am going to sleep. Inform mom when she will come back." I tell them.

Ladies and gentlemen, after this I stormed to my room. I take my phone from the table that I didn't even touch this whole day. I didn't go to school and probably my BFFs were worried.

OMG!

Twenty-five messages?

From Remmie and Rosella.

My phone is floating on these messages. Let's open Rosella's message first.

(Roselle)

Amelia. Where are YOU? Why were you absent? Is everything okay at home? Are you okay? Mentally and Physically? We missed you so much. Hit me up when you feel better. Love you.