Dimple

"What on earth is happening?" My voice erupted into the night, carried away by the winds.

"Patience, you'll find out soon enough," Aiden retorted, a mischievous grin lighting up his face.

"I NEED TO KNOW RIGHT NOW!" I exclaimed, my voice high-pitched as I playfully struck his shoulder.

"Well, mi amor, if you're so eager to reach hell, I thought I'd be a gentleman and escort you there. After all, you might not know the address, but I've got it covered," Aiden chuckled.

Was he just joking around, or is there something more sinister behind his words? Could he be leading me somewhere nefarious while my eyes are wide open?

"Hey, seriously! Can you give us a clue?" Zach interjected, pulling me back from my spiraling thoughts.

"Exercise a bit of patience, my friend. The mystery will unravel soon enough," Aiden echoed his previous response, a playful glint in his eyes.

"But seriously, man! Why did you have to sweep Amelia off her feet like that? She's perfectly capable of walking," Zach mused aloud.

"Zach, you're like a mind reader. I was just about to ask the same thing," I chimed in, nodding in agreement.

"I'm not a mind reader, okay? I just wanted to know," Zach retorted, a hint of irritation in his tone.

"Because I'm giving her a taste of the royal treatment on our way to hell," Aiden answered, a sly grin playing on his lips.

"Trust me, I've got the address covered. No need for your assistance," I scoffed, rolling my eyes at his comment.

Neither Aiden nor Zach uttered another word, leaving a mysterious air hanging in the atmosphere.

As we continued walking for a few minutes, Aiden turned to Zach with a request, "Mind grabbing the key from my pocket? Let's unlock the door."

Aiden came to a brief stop, allowing Zach to retrieve the key from his pocket.

As Zach inserted the key he had taken from Aiden's pocket, a sudden realization hit me—it was a car key.

Wait a minute! Is he actually abducting me while I'm fully conscious?

"No, no, no!" My outcry reverberated through the air, laced with a mix of panic and alarm.

"Ouch, my eardrums. Poor things," Aiden's voice responded with a hint of tension, clearly vexed by my piercing scream.

"You can forget about kidnapping me. I won't hesitate to involve the police," I feigned a threat, though deep down, I knew it was quite the challenge considering my current situation in his arms.

"Let's go," Zach beckoned to Aiden from beside the car, his voice cutting through the moment.

Aiden nodded in response to Zach's call, a fleeting, goofy grin dancing at the corners of his lips. And in that precise moment, an intricate play of light and shadow revealed something I had missed until now. As his smile softened, a subtle indentation graced his cheek—a delicate dimple that seemed to appear like a secret unveiled.

Goodness gracious! How had I never noticed this before? His dimple, a slight hollow that added a bewitching charm to his smile, was a revelation that had slipped my notice. Where had my attention wandered during all those times he had smiled?

No butterflies in your tummy, please.

And yet, in the midst of this newfound discovery, Aiden's expression transformed him. He seemed almost like a newborn babe, innocence emanating from his features. His smile, radiating a rare kind of beauty, had a magnetic quality that could draw anyone's gaze. Aiden, who I had known as my friend, suddenly appeared incredibly attractive in this light. Though I begrudgingly resisted the notion, I couldn't deny the captivating allure of his smile.