Chapter Four

Dawn.

Zack felt something yank at his hand. "Go away, Lexi, it's Saturday." He mumbled and rolled over, half asleep. Lexi was his little sister.

Then he felt something press against his throat, almost choking him. His eyes popped open.

Something blurry and light appeared before his eyes. A little girl, yes, but definatly not his little sister.

"Shut it or I'll slit your head right off!" the girl hissed, pressing harder at his throat, looking around as if she was afraid of getting caught.

"Wh-who are you?" Zack said, trying to remove the sharp pressure at his throat.

"I said shut it!"

Zack didn't know whether to laugh or to be afraid. Certainly a little girl who looked no older than nine years old could kill him, right?

She removed the knife. "Get up," She said,"There's someone after us."

Zack looked up in awe and a mixed form of doubt at the little girl. She was pretty, though her ancient green eyes made her appear older than she actually was. How did she get here? How did she know who he was?

He stood, very much aware of the sharp pain the erupted at his neck. He heard a shout, making the girl jump. "Run!" She screamed before taking off into the thick underbrush. Zack could barely keep up with her.

She ran, dodging bushes and trees. Zack fell over twice. Just when he thought he could run no longer, the came a stop in front of a tall black cast-iron gate. He stooped over to catch his breath. His lungs ached.

"Let's stop." He finally said.

"No,"said the girl,"We have to find a way get over this."

"You're crazy," He said,"I don't even know who you are."

"But you see me all the time, Zack." The girl looked hurt. "Certainly, you would know who I am."

"But I don't."

"I am Dorit."