Dumped

El gets off the bus first, then Max, then me. El looks around, a worried expression plastered on her face.

"So what do you think?" Max grins.

"What's wrong?" I ask El.

"Too many people. Not allowed." El looks over at Max.

"You have super powers. What's the worst that can happen?" Max whispers.

El nods and then starts to smile a bit.

We both grab El's hands and rush into the mall. El looks around as if this is the best thing she's ever seen.

"So what should we do first?" Max squeezes El's hand slightly.

El just continues looking around, shocked.

"You've never been shopping before, have you?" I giggle.

El shakes her head no.

"We'll just have to try everything." I smile, and gasp.

"Come on!" I lead the group to The Gap.

El looks around, wide-eyed, noticing every little thing.

She looks at a pair of red hammer pants, then she looks up at one of the mannequins.

A blue collared shirt with splattered paint all over it.

"You like that?" I smile at her.

"How do I know.. what I like?" El sounds super confused.

"You just try things on, until you find something that feels like you. Not mike, not hopper, you." Max nods, explaining.

XXX

El tries on the blue shirt from earlier, with yellow hammer pants, and red suspenders.

She smiles, looking at herself in the mirror. She puts a yellow beret on her head. Max laughs and fixes it for her.

El pulls the suspenders and then releasing them, laughing.

My turn.

I walk out of the changing room with a light pink-ish white shirt and a matching shirt, they both were splattered with paint. Max holds up to belts and grins.

I grab the yellow one from her hand and put it on. I spin in circles, laughing, then I start to get dizzy and almost fall over. I land on Max and El, and we all burst into laughter.

Max starts trying on sunglasses as we wait for El to get out of the dressing room.

I had already bought my outfit.

Max decides on the red sunglasses and then El walks out of the dressing room.

"Oh my god. That's so hot." I smile at El.

El looks in the mirror and smiles immediately, nodding.

XXX