Chapter 10

I stayed at the guild all morning, chatting to Wendy and learning more about her. She told me all about her adopted Mum Grandeena who was a dragon, all about Cait Shelter and how it wasn't ever really real and how she met Carla. At lunch I sat at the bar eating some salad when a man with platinum blond hair, pale white skin and blue eyes came over.
"Can I sit here?" He asked sweetly. I nodded.
"Of course." I replied. He sat down, then turned to me and held out his hand.
"My name is Jace." I shook his hand and said...
"It is very nice to meet you Jace I am Katrina."
"You are the earth dragon slayer that got here yesterday aren't you?"
"I am indeed. Would you mind me asking what magic you use?" He laughed.
"No, I don't mind at all. I use nature make magic."
"Wow, I bet that is beautiful." He laughed lightly.
"Thank you." He cupped his hands together then opened them slowly. I watched and in awe as a flower grew and bloomed in the palm of his hands. It had a beautiful green light surrounding it. I moved closer looking at it.
"Wow." I said under my breath. Jace laughed again.
"I don't think anyone has been this impressed by my magic before."
"Why not? It is amazing." The flower started to vanish leaving only a small green glow behind which eventually vanish with it. I leaned back suddenly realising how close I was to him. I felt my face heat up a little but thankfully saw that Jace was watching his hands were the flower was a little while ago and didn't see me blush.
"I am not like the big shots of the guild." He said quietly. "I am pretty new but my magic is seen as girly and weak." This made me frown.
"I can tell you now you are not weak. I have a sort of sixth scent that smells out magic energy and you are not weak. You haven't unlocked your full power yet but in time you will. If you let the people that call you weak get away with it and get you down you will never unlock that power the lays dormant within you. The more powerful the spirit of the wizard the more powerful the magic they wield. Just remember that." He looked stunned but then smiled weakly at me.
"You seem to be wise beyond your years." He said. I looked down at my plate of salad.
"No, it is something my Mother always said to me."
"By Mother do you mean the dragon that raised you?" I looked up at him shocked that he knew that after all I did only tell Wendy, Carla, Happy and Natsu this morning. I just hoped that no one heard anything else of what we talked about that morning because if they did then my secret of who I really am would be out.
"Yes." He looked a little sad.
"She disappeared like the others did didn't she?"
"Yes."
"It is sad that they all had to leave like that." I nodded in agreement.
"But I believe that there was a good reason and that I will find her one day. I have to believe that." I trailed off. He looked up at me.
"I did not mean to come here and bring up painfully memories. I guess I should ask you why you are eating salad. You aren't one of those girls that eat nothing but salad because they worry about putting on weight are you?" I laughed.
"No, I am eating this because I brought it with money Lucy gave me. I don't have any of my own see, so she leant me some. I got the cheapest option in the hopes to give as much of it back to her as I can. The cheapest option happened to be this, so this is what I will eat until I can afford to buy my own lunch."
"You are very considerate."
"Thank you." I said simple. Then finishing my salad I stood up. "It was a pleasure to met you Jace but for now I need to go and look for a job in town."
"A pleasure meeting you to. I hope to speak with you again some time." I nodded then turned and walked out of the guild hall with a rather large grin of my face, unaware I was being followed yet again by a pink haired salamander and a blue flying cat...