Chapter 29

It didn't take us long to get there. We walked it because it was so close and it only took us 10 minutes. When we got there we saw houses, stone buildings and everything you would find in a town, but there were no people. I could smell death in the air and knew from the way Natsu kept scrunching up his nose in disgust that we smelt it too.
"So, where do you think this monster could be hiding?" Asked Lucy after we walked around the empty town for a while.
"I don't know but it has to be around here somewhere." Said Erza.
"I think that it would be quite difficult for a monster of that size to hide in this town and not be seen." Said Lucy.
"Maybe it left." Said Wendy.
"No, it's here." I told them.
"We can smell it." Said Natsu sniffing the air.
"Can you smell out where it is?" Asked Grey.
"No, it is strange it smells like..." I stopped.
"Like it's all around us." Finished Natsu.
"Aww, you guys are so cute finishing each others sentences." Said Lucy as I felt my face heat up.
"Now is not the time. Though it was cute." Said Erza which shocked me completely. I saw Grey watching me with a slightly sad expression on his face. What was he sad about? I asked myself.
"Maybe if we split up we can cover more ground." Said Erza. Everyone nodded their heads arguing with her. "Alright, Natsu go with Lucy, Wendy and Kat go together and I will go with Grey. Shout if you find anything." Then she walked off closely followed by Grey. Natsu and Happy waved a little goodbye before taking off. Lucy gave me a little hug before following him.
"Guess we should go this way." I said pointing down a rather dark alleyway.
"It does look like our only option." Said Carla.
"I am glad I was put with you Kat." Said Wendy.
"And I am happy to be with you too Wendy." I said smiling at her. I loved Wendy. She was so cute and adorable though I did feel a little protective of her.
"Alright, lets go find a monster." I said before setting for.

We spent rather a long time walking around the abandoned town.
"It doesn't look like there is anything here." Said Carla rather grumpily.
"It looks like that though my nose is telling me different. What about your Wendy?" I asked.
"Mi-mine?" She stuttered.
"Yes your. You are a dragon slayer too, so your nose is as good as mine." She smiled at me.
"Well, it definitely tells me there is something off here." I nodded.
"Why are go so shocked I asked you?"
"Because I am really weak compared to you. Compared to everyone in the guild really. I don't feel like I should be a part of the guild's strongest team."
"You are a lot stronger than you think you are. Plus you are a dragon slayer raised by a dragon, you can't possibly be weak. There was never been a weak dragon slayer. There are inexperienced ones but they learn."
"So, you are saying I am inexperienced nit weak."
"Yes, but I am too."
"Really?"
"Yes of course I am. I have spent the last 7 years trapped in a cell. I have barely seen anything of the world where as you have seen a lot more than me. You are probably more experienced than I am."
"You think so?"
"I know so and you have friends, family and Carla who look out for you." I looked at her and thought I saw a little smile spread on her face.
"Yeah, you right."
"You are already pretty powerful and you are still young. Just think that the only thing that can happen to you now is to get more powerful."
"Thank you Kat."
"No problem." We heard a huge explosion from behind. When we looked we saw a massive amount of fire coming from behind the town hall.
"Looks like Natsu and the others found the monster." I said as Wendy, Carla and I went to there aid.