Chapter: 12- Change of Plans

"When your actions contradict your Words. Your words don't mean anything, anymore."

I already had enough with all the crap that was happening that I couldn't deal with Zander arguing with me. Jackal like always stood aside waiting for a firm decision to take place so that we could go ahead. It all started when I finally went upstairs to Jackal.

"Why can't I go? If I don't go none of you don't!" I argued immensely annoyed.

Zander stared me down, "He wants to lure us there, if we go the situation will go worse. None of us will be able to get out of there." He told me fiercely.

I narrowed my eyes, "I get that, is there another way?" I asked thinking nothing.

"There will be if you just shut up and listen for once." He scolded.

I grunted disapproved with everyone. When he was sure that I was going to remain silent he continued in a serious tone, but calmly.

"Lucas doesn't give a batshit about Alexander, there's no point in using him to get to Rosa. But.." he sighed glancing at Jackal who came forward. I felt terribly bad at hearing how Lucas felt nothing for Alexander.

"But if we send Zander in it will be enough to distract Lucas so that we could get inside to wherever Rosa is. If he has Zander he will forget about Rosa. To do this we need Alexander on our side." Jackal ended, bored and impatient.

I let my mouth fall open at his assumption that Alexander will be on our side. It was hilarious because last I remember he was still loyal to his brother, I remembered his hatered for me. I snickered at their planning, it made me laugh involuntarily.

They stared at me as if I had grown another head which made me chuckle more.

"After all I did to him you really think he will help us, even if he pretends to help us he'll stab us at one point which could get us killed. Either way this is absurd. Only I go in." I said firmly when my laughter died down.

Zander shook his head, "Z your not getting it. Lucas presumably wants only you, he could use a lot of things against you.." I didn't let him finish.

Anger flooded my brain as I walked up to him yelling, "And he wouldn't use anything or anyone against you innit!" My index finger pointed at him accusingly.

Jackal came in between us, "Look kids I know how hard this must be but we cannot figure anything out unless you talk to Alexander."

I glowered at Zander for a few more seconds before backing off.

Jackal put his heavy hands on my shoulders forcing me to look at him, I did with a lot of hesitation. "Look Zarah, your not giving much away but I do know how hard this must be on you. But listen, your strong and believe me, yourself you could do anything, mainly talk to Alexander who will listen." He said it with so much confidence I nearly obliged to it but paused, a frown forming on my forehead.

"Why will he listen, I gave him no reason to anyway!"

Jackal sighed, "Because your the best thing that ever happened to him."

I stared at Jackal securing his words into my head, not believing a single letter as he spoke. I was anything but near best, not with him. I needed some space so I nodded and rushed upstairs into the balcony that led from the second portion main hall. It was refreshing, a cold crispy breeze swept by, it was late and a lot had already happened. Time was something we didn't have, Lucas was very fast, always a step ahead of me. He had Rosa next I didn't know what he wanted, me, my twin? I was confused, if there was one thing it was Alexander who could answer some of my questions, but I didn't have the wits to talk yo him, to demand from him. He didn't deserve so much cruelty, why was I meeting up to their level. I sighed, closing my eyes letting the night air wash over me. In all that forced peace I still felt my heart ache, it was an ache I forgot how to feel, an ache I felt only when my parents died but this seemed worse, it felt like a part of me was dying. I sighed ever so heavily, please help me Mom.