Chapter 8

I sit on the small seal that is next to the window. I stare out of my window, at the blooming cherry blossoms. I can see my reflection. It seems quite accurate to how I feel; transparent and not part of this world. My eyes are red and slightly puffy from all of the tears. Why did I lie to him....Suddenly the reflection changes. I look in the reflect to see a figure in the door of my room. Crisp, light blue eyes stare back at me. I turn around to see Hattori standing in the door frame, his mask in his hands.

"Hey." He says casually, as nothing had happened. His voice rings in my ears before I process what is happening.

"H-Hi..." My voice stutters as I speak. His beautiful, normally pouty, lip curl into a smile. I smile back before realizing I am already on my feet and running to him. He opens his arms and welcomes my embrace. He lifts my small frame off the ground and hugs me tightly.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, curious as to what the answer is. He sets me onto my feet and lets me go.

"Sasuke, he told me everything." He says.

"Of course he did." I roll my eyes and turn slightly before I feel Hattori's hand on the side of my neck. I look into his eyes in time to see him move his face closer to mine. I close my eyes as I feel his lips press against mine. I kiss him back, adding pressure and warmth. My heart races in my chest. A feeling better than happiness fills me, making me feel like I am flying. The kiss lasts for a moment longer before he pulls away. I can feel the lingering feeling of his lips on mine. He breathes for a few seconds, looking into my eyes before returning his lips onto mine. I feel one of his hands find the inward curve on my hips. I feel him moving closer to me, so I set back slightly, not wanting to fall over. Before I know it, I am up against a wall. There is no space between us. He pushes me up against the wall, his hands at my waist. I place my hand on his tight jaw line, my fingers extending towards his ear. I can feel the slight stubble under my touch.

He pulls away slightly for air. At this point, I am breathing deeply. I now wish I have a larger lung capacity. I take his chance to lean in and whisper into his ear.

"I'm glad you are here." I say quietly.

"As am I." He says; I can hear the smile in his voice. For a moment he lingers by my ear. I can hear as he inhales through his mouth. The sound makes chills run down my spine. I move my hand back, so my finger are in his shaggy brown hair. His hair is soft and smooth. I run my fingers through it, moving in small, slow downward strokes. His lips find mine once again, but this time it is a bit more intense. Our lips file into a lip lock that is slow and passionate. A strange feeling overwhelms me; the feeling of being watched.

I open my eyes; I can see a shrine maiden in the corner of my eye. I push Hattori slightly, hoping he will get the hint. He doesn't. He pulls away from the kiss and looks at me, smiling. I look over at the shrine maiden, hoping he will understand. Nothing. I use my hand to turn his head to the women in the door frame, looking at us in horror.

"I demand to know what you think you are doing, Princess Shibuya!!" She says, obviously angry.

"I-I...Uh..." Hattori mumbles and clears his throat. He is just my paramour. Nothing more.

"He is a noble." I say in a matter-of-fact kind of way. "He is part of the Shibu clan. He was sent here to attend the yearly council meeting next week." I say. The look on her face tells me she is confused. Now, I have to make her sorry, just like daddy taught me. "Maybe if you would actually pay attention to your guests, you wouldn't have this problem." I say with a sharp bite to my words.

"I do apologize for my ignorance." She says as she bows slightly to me. She looks at Hattori. "Please enjoy your stay." She then bows to him before leaving the room; closing the door behind her.