level 8

I woke up to the song 'stressed out' by 21 pilots.

I looked around the room and remembered yesterday.

And my mind immediately thought of one thing, or more accurately two things.

pepper and macaroni.

The two hellhounds that were chasing me yesterday, I escaped them along with the clutches of death. But at least one of them is still alive, and probably hunting me down.

From what I know about hellhounds, once they find their target they won't stop hunting them down.

So but still, considering the last time I saw them they were fighting each other there's a chance I'll only have to deal with one.

But who?

Do I fight the clumsy giant tank, or the small agile idiot.

Quest notification: hellhounds

Defeat the hell hound that are hunting you

Rewards:

Title : hell hound hunter

1 Token of the hellhound (per hellhound)

+500 EXP (per hellhound)

Failure:

Death

Of course I would die, why wouldn't I if I fail.

I re-read the notifications and realized that I would be fighting both.

When I fought lamia I got lucky. When I fought that robot, it self-destructed.

But when I 'fought' those hellhounds, I really was running for more life before I pissed them off and by some miracle escaped.

I only have one hope of surviving, and that's Chiron's sword. Riptide.

I need a weapon and a sword seems like a pretty good one, and it's not like I have any other choice.

After I went through that train of thought I hopped on to the next one.

What are titles?

I look at my ability screen and see a small box at the bottom of my screen displaying my title; the gamer.

I tapped on it to see if I could swap it out with the first bane of lamia and found that I actually had three titles.

The gamer :

Your eyes are unaffected by bright lights or sight-based conditions

The first bane of lamia :

All serpentines respect and obey you

+50% damage to all serpentine monsters

Champion of the morai :

You can see the strings of fate that you're connected to

You are an amazing weaver, even surpassing Arachne

You have ethereal blue eyes

(toggleable)

My eyes widened at the last one. the morai, as in, the fates?

The three fates. The deities that dictate the life of everyone.

And I'm their champion. Are they behind the gamer system?

I activated my title for the first time and felt some sort of power wash over my eyes.

And the first thing I saw with my new eyes were translucent strings coming out of my chest and going in many different directions.