level 16

I was standing in chiron's office, or I guess it's mr.brunner's office considering that it's under that name.

Chiron was sitting behind his desk looking at me patiently.

"So, how much have you learnt this far?"

"I know the Greek gods are real, Grover is a satyr, you're chiron, you oversee camp half-blood, and Posiedon's my dad."

This left Chiron awestruck and Grover unconscious. Just imagine their reaction if i said that i was the champion of the fates.

"Lord Posiedon is your father!"

"Umm, yes? Is there a problem with that?"

"No... it's nothing, I hope. It's just that there hasn't been a child of Posiedon in decades, admittedly I had my suspicions but I thought you may have been a child of oceanus."

"The old guy who was with the titans in the titanomachy? Wasn't dad more powerful and took control?"

"Yes child, he is much more powerful. But Oceanus is still one of the strongest oceanic deities, almost rivaling Posiedon. But that is distracting us from the main point, that being, you are a demi-god. And one who has seemingly learned all about what your life would currently entail, pardon the puns. Almost all demi-gods learn about their new life by encountering a monster, I'd assume this is the same case for you. Would I be correct?"

I looked at Grover still passed out on the floor, I could tell Chiron the truth or lie. But he already figured it out by my quick glance at the satyr lying unconscious on the floor.

"I see, so that's how. Did he tell you or was it through happenstance?"

"His leg fell out of bed while he was sleeping sir."

"There's no need to be so formal, now, I understand you left yancy this morning, and that you left for your mothers which from there she filled in the gaps. After that you encountered Alecto and... that."

He said that last part while referring to my naga who chose to sit around my neck, remembering how in its bio it said that the naga will have several special abilities? Apparently one of them is to shrink down to smaller sizes, that's a relief because I don't want to carry a gigantic mythical snake everywhere. I really have to think of a name, guss maybe?

"Yeah, he just helped me kill Alecto so I decided to let him tag along with me and so far he hasn't tried to kill me." I once heard that the best lie is a half-truth so I should probably do that.

"I see, he must've been a gift sent from your father then. It is rather peculiar though, Poseidon has no sort of domain over land snakes, nor creatures of the underworld."

I simply shrugged in response.

"Hmmm, this is a rather curious matter, may I observe him?" chiron said while reaching out his hand.

Then he spoke, my naga. So far he hasn't hissed a word but I didn't really think of that. Who would?

His voice sounded sharp and precise, like a rapier piercing my brain.

"NO, I refuse to part with my master, how dare you insinuate such a thing. I shall scorn you from now on." he then huffed indignantly and turned his head.

I must say, I am so thankful that I don't have to deal with the whole lamia 'sss' thing.

"I'll take that as a no. Now Percy, do you understand what you must do now?"

I nodded my head "yeah, camp."

"Indeed, now that you know you are a half-blood and a child of the big three no less, you must understand that monsters will be chasing after you relentlessly. Camp is the only place that will be able to protect you. You must go there. But yet, it remains your decision. I'll let you sleep on it for now. And also, your 'pen', would you tell me why you borrowed riptide?"