Chapter 9

"Hallow walk up..." Hallow kept her face buried in her covers as her sister tried to get her to wake up.

"Leave me be," she muttered. "I don't want to go to school."

"There's no school today... the generator broke down, so we have the day off."

"Really?" she muttered, for her pillow

"Yeah, we're going to Brook's house, me and you. Mom has a meeting Dad is running errands and Charles is going to his friend's house."

"Give me a few minutes to get ready," she grumbled.

"Mom will drive us in an hour ok?"

"Got it."

"Also, did you dye your hair?" she asked.

"What?"

"Never mind." She left the room. Hallow lied in her bed for a few more minutes, he didn't want to get up her arms and leg ached. Though she wondered what Willow meant by did she dye her hair. She sighed and slid off her bed only to fall face slat on the floor.

"This is why I can't stand the morning..." she muttered. As she grabbed onto her bed pulling herself up. She didn't even take a step the moment she let go she fell back onto the floor.

She sighed and just laid on the ground. She didn't want to go to Brooke's house. And she had some reason, more or less, not to go to Brooke's house. She figured she bruised her legs.... Somehow.

Hallow rubbed her legs trying to stop them from hurting. But she stopped. Her legs felt cold. Like not just cold like she was cold, like metal cold.

She pushed the covers off of her and looked at her legs. To her shock they weren't legs anymore. They looked like two swords, except they were attached to her,

'This is fake,' she thought, 'I'm dreaming.' she pitched herself in the arm and rubbed the spot as it hurt. 'So I'm not dreaming... how is this even possible?' she moved her leg just to make sure she didn't leave her fencing stuff out... but the blade moved with her.

'Great.. Not fake.' it wasn't that surprising seeing as she always left her fencing stuff at school... and that her fencing swords were not this sharp. She noticed something weird on her arm, there were two.... dispensers? One on each arm.

There was something sticking out of it. She gave it a tug, something came out of the thing.

"What is this.... tape?" she muttered. She managed to pull herself up and she sat on her bed. She looked at her reflection in the nearby mirror. In her hair there were two different streaks of color one purple the other green.

'No wonder Willow asked me if I dyed my hair.' The thing that she couldn't figure out is why her right eye was purple. But her left eye was still its normal green color.

"I look like a freak.." she muttered. She couldn't go to Brooke's house not like this. Even if she did want to.

"Hallow, what's taking you so long?" She heard her sister ask. Hallow panicked, Her sister was going to tell her mother if she saw her like this... she couldn't let anyone see her like this.

"DON'T COME IN," she yelled.

"Are you sure?" she heard the door knob twist.

"Yes I'm sure... I just don't feel well"

"Oh" she could hear her sister let go of the door knob.

'Thank goodness.' she sighed.

"I don't think I can come over to Brooke's house, I'll just stay here."