Chapter 11: Broken Hearted

I land on the ground, walking up to Will. "Hello little bitch." I say smiling sarcastically. He is just a werewolf John Luke be nice. I hear Ian's voice in my head. Be nice? Be nice? "Please, John. I'm asking you, begging you to hold back. I know you love her. Don't kill me."

"Oh, so you can fucking be with my Callie? You think I give a fuck about your worthless ass life? You don't deserve to be alive."

He crawls backward. "John, hear me out. I'll protect her. I won't take her away. I swear."

"You don't have to promise me shit. I'm going to make sure you don't ever fucking touch her again." I raise my first, grabbing the collar of his shirt.

"John Luke!!!"

I turn and there she is, wind blowing her hair in her face. I let go of his shirt, hearing his head hit the ground. "Go away, John Luke. You are no longer welcome here. You are one of Ian's people." She moves her hair from her face, walking past me to Will. I stand still, my chest aching from the pain she has put me through.

I continue to look forward, not able to bring myself to look at her. I close my eyes, feeling tears run down my face. My hands begin to shake, and my fangs start to show through my lips. "Callie, I just wanted to say that I love you more than I've ever known. I'm sorry for the way I acted. Goodbye."

* * *

I'm sitting in my room, packing a few things when my door open and closes. "Hey." Ian says, sitting on my bed, folding a few shirts. I sigh, glancing at him. He gives a small smile and looks back at my shirts. His eyes land on a certain shirt as he quickly snatches it up, looking at it. "Callie's shirt." He says softly. He looks back up at me and smiles, handing me the shirt. "Yeah..she um, left it here last....last week. When she took my shirt." My voice waivers, my throat closing. Ian nods and sighs, shaking his head. "It's okay, man. Things get better, John Luke." My body freezes when he says my name. "What?" He looks at me, confused. "Just call me Luke. She used to call me John Luke." I say quietly. He nods slowly, pulling candy out of his pocket. He pops the jelly beans in his mouth and crews silently. "It's a good way to clam yourself when you're dying," he stops to chuckle at himself. "To sink your teeth into something. It can be hard to control." I nod, trying to calm myself. The thought of Will's tongue in Callie's mouth issues me off. I grab the stupid suitcase and chunk it across the room. Ian sits up, surprised. "Whoa, dude. What's wrong?" I shake my head and storm out of my room. "Fuck this."

* * *

I bang on her door, yelling her name. She opens the door and I don't give her a chance to say a word, I grab hold of her shoulders, and kiss her and softly as I can. Wrapping her up in my arms, I feel tears running down my cheeks, kissing her slower as her hands wrap around my neck, as she makes a fist full of my hair. Pressing her chest against mine, my heart beats rapidly, as if it wants to jump out of my chest. I thought I wasn't supposed to have a heart? Or feelings? I suddenly stop kissing her, gripping her waist, wanting to hold her forever. "I love you, Callie. And just because I'm a vampire doesn't mean I will ever stop. Please believe me and love me back. It's all I ask. Is to be loved."