Chapter 6: ~Callie's POV~

Every time I try to break free of these stupid fucking chains, the iron burns me as if I'm like the faries. Damn iron these days, it's like the older the earth gets, the stronger their tools. I hope John Luke hasn't found me yet. I don't know where Ian is, but he's one mighty fucking vampire. If he screws around with John Luke, there's no telling what could happen. I close my eyes and attempt to show him where I am if he has already found out what has happened. I concentrate as hard as I can, trying to connect to him. I feel our connection and show him the bits and peices. The burns on my wrists from the iron chain, the brick wall I'm chained up to, everything. I try not to cry as I show him this, hopefully if I'm strong, he will be too. The connection breaks for some reason, and I sigh. He must've focused on something else more important. As long as he stays alive, that's all that's really important. If he dies, he'll pass on, unless Ian kills him the same way he killed everyone else. I can smell the blood in the refrigerader next to me, sparking an idea in my mind. I look at the cooler, desperate. If I drink that blood, would it make me more human? I slowly move the chain, hoping it won't burn my hands too bad. I open the cooler with my other hand and reach in to grab a blood packet. It falls to the floor, making a wet sound. Okay, now I've just got to drink....that...ew.

I lift the packet to my mouth and bite it. Oh, dear God, please don't make me a vampire. I really don't want to be one. I bite through the plastic and suck the blood out. I now understand why vampires prefer fresh blood. I drink a lot, as much as I can, whatching my burns dissapear. I grin, excited to learn what I can do. I continue drinking more blood, unable to stop.

* * *

I swing open the door of the basement, helplessly draining another blood packet. Drinking the blood has made me stronger, but I'm pretty sure it won't last long. I run up the stairs of the...well? Since when has a well had steps? Like, literal stairs. I shrug and pull myself out of the well. I'm suprised he didn't think of putting the lid on the top. Shows how smart he is. Then again, I wouldn't expect me to break free of that chain either. He's so smart for putting that blood container right next to me. I smile at my sarcasm.