I'm not leaving you!

You and the company were about to leave Laketown and sail to Erebor. You packed your things, Ori and Bifur helped you arranged the company's stuff on boat. You finished quite quickly so you sat down and waited for the others to come. A couple minutes pasted and Thorin appeared

"Good morning"

"Good morning" you and Ori replied together

"Everything ready?" He asks.

"Yes. We are ready to go" you reply smiling

"Good" Thorin smiles slightly, passing his backpack to you.

Soon enough one by one, the dwarves appeared and boarded. Fili, your best friend, who you have feelings for but none knows, arrived.

"Good morning y/n!"

"Hi" you answered smiling, before patting the seat next to you for him to sit.You two start chatting about the mountain and how excited yet scared you were to finally claim it back.

"Not you" you heard at some point. You snap your head to Thorin's voice and notice Killi's hurt expression. Fili, who is sitting beside you, jumped on his feet immediately. He looked at them and then at you, he bend over to you caressed you head and smiled gently

"Good luck" he whispers, making you frown your eyes in confusion... Fili jumped off the boat and headed towards his brother, but before he could reach him, Thorin grabbed his arm.

"Fili, don't be a fool! You belong with the team"

"I belong with my brother" he hissed at his uncle, pulling his hand to himself, but Thorin stops him again.

"What about y/n?" They both looked at you even though you weren't able to hear what they were talking about. Fili sighed

"Take care of her, uncle... don't let her get hurt" he looked at you again and walked of to his brother. Thorin hopped in, leaving Fili Kili and Oin on land. You rush at the edge of the boat worried.

"Where are you going?" Shouted at Fili. The blond dwarf said something to Kili before coming closer to you.

"I have to stay with my brother"

"Τhen I'll stay too" you replied and without a though you try to jump off the boat, but Thorin pulled you back in.

"We lost 3 already-"

"Where is Bofur?" Bilbo asked looking around, Thorin rolled his eyes.

"4 already" he corrected himself "I can't afford to lose you too. We need you to the mountain" he said strictly.

You looked at him but before you could say anything Fili agreed, with his uncle. You turn to Fili with worry in your eyes.

"But-"

"I'll see you there" he says smiling, trying to hold his tears back.

"I'm not leaving you!" you protest. Fili grabs your scruff with one arm and pulls you close to his face. He kissed your forehead and breathed in.

"You have to... I'll see you there". You hold his wrist and with closed eyes you ask him,

"You promise?" Fili connects his forehead with yours, while waiting for you to open your eyes and that's what you did. You cowardly open them and met his beautifulblue eyes looking at you with sadness, even though he tried to hide it. He swallowed, you both closed your eyes, wishing this moment wouldn't end.

"I promise", he whispers with a tear running down his cheeck. Nori untied the boat, as Thorin ordered him to and the paddle started, making Fili let go off you. You reached out your hand, looking at him in fear and he takes it smiling kindly.

"You promised.... you can't go back to your word" you manage to say between your sobs. Fili smiles weakly before nodding.

As the boat was moving, your hands broke. You wouldn't look anywhere else except Fili's eyes until the crowd made him disappear... You just stood there crying, looking at laketown as you were getting away. At some point you turn around and see Dwalin standing behind you. You wipe your tears and smile, "I'll go get a paddle"

"You will see him again y/n" he said making you stop "I've known Fili, since he was little... he never ever broke a promise. Trust him and don't worry too much about it" he patted your shoulder and smiled slightly. You smiled back and sat besides Dori to paddle, while Dwalin headed to Thorin to talk.

You finally arrive at the mountain, everyone was trying to find the stairs, that lead to the hidden door. You were supposed to be looking too but your thoughts are with Fili...

At last you heard Bilbo shouting that he found them and everyone run to him. The time passed and you opened the door, you hugged him tightly

"Ready?" You ask with a weak smile

"Not really" he said and went inside with Balin. After few minutes Balin came out

"There is not coming back now, Balin? Is there?" you ask taking a deep breath, even if you knew the answer, Balin shaked negatively his head but smiled at you

"We just have to trust Bilbo mm?" he raised his eyebrows to you and you nod in reply.

Everyone is sitting and waiting in silence. Suddenly you heard a loud roar and the ground was shaking, you realized that the dragon was awake. All the dwarves run inside to face the dragon, you split in to groups to distract Smaug from one and other.

At last you brought him into the king's room

"People in Laketown helped you arrange all this, didn't they?" Smaug asks walking towards the exit "Maybe... I should pay them a visit..." he said with a smirk.

Your heart froze "Fili" you exhale "NO" you shouted.

"THEY HAVE NOTHING TO DO WITH THIS!" Bilbo yells at him.

"You care about them" the dragon stated looking at you and Bilbo with a weaked smile on his face. You swallowed with difficulty "That will make burning them even more pleasant" Smaug said, you looked at him in fear.

"No" you whispered "please...no"

"HEY" Thorin shouted at Smaug from the other side of the room standing on a giant dwarf statue. The beast walked to him and "NOW" Thorin yells and the rest of the dwarves start pulling the chases, the statue broke into pieces revealing that underneath it the was a golden king-dwarf that Smaug was captured by. The gold starts melting and covers Smaug from head to toe. He was burned in it, or so you thought. After 5 seconds of silence and excitement, he appears out of the hot gold, screaming and roaring and start running towards the exit.

He flips his wings, flying away from Erebor and heads to Laketown.

You run outside and climbed the hill, with the rest of the company running behind you. You climbed the rocks and saw the dragon burning Laketown

"FILIII! NOOOOO! NO!" you scream in tears, your heart broke into pieces. You just stood there for a minute and then your sadness turned into anger.