Chapter Five

We arive at Chelsea's house. It's right on the beach. I can hear the seagulls from inside.

One the inside it's decorated like any other beach house... it's beachy. Her parents are literally the nicest in the world. How did I come across such a nice family? It's so unfamiliar.

I begin to unpack my things and put them in the dresser of the guest room. They said I could stay here for as long as I need. I begin to hear feet shuffling towards me.

"Hey Louis, you have any plans tonight? Ha, yes you do. You are coming with Harry and I to this cute little shack themed resturaunt on the beach." She smiles.

"Ah, I don't know. I don't feel like intruding on you catching up with him." I lie, I really want to go.

"No way, you are coming." She says.

"Okay fine." I act and add on a sigh.

"Be ready in five." She says walking away.

This incredibly hansome guy is going to be sitting across the table from me and I only have five minutes? I decide to throw on my only shorts I brought, they're some sort of tan color. I slip a red t-shirt over my head and add my toms for my shoes. This is the best I can do.

I walk down the stairs that heads into the living room and meet Chelsea standing at the door.

"You need some more clothes huh?" She asks.

"Yeah." I laugh.

"We can take care of that tomorrow."

We head out the door and get into her car. I can literally hear the waves crashing against the shore. It's almost perfect here.

About five minutes into the drive she says, "Do you know why I'm named Chelsea? Take a wild guess."

"I have no clue, we only met yesterday.. remember?"

"Oh that's right," She says like she basically forgot. "My parents are literally so obsessed with the sea that they named me Chelsea. Like Chel-sea. Haha."

"Oh my god." I laugh.

"It gets worse. They named my brother Sean. It's spelled the way that makes it have sea in it."

"That's adorable." I crack up.

"I'd like to think so. It use to bother the shit out of me when I was little." She says.

"Aw but your parents are so sweet." They really are.

"Yeah, I'm really lucky huh?" She says. I notice she has a habit of saying "huh".

We arive at the shacky resturaunt and I already see Harry. He is one of the most charming people I've ever met.

After waiting for about 30 minutes for our table we take a seat. I order a lemonade and Chelsea and Harry both order a tea.

"So Louis, what brings you this way?" Harry asks.

I take a quick glance and Chelsea. I nod my head to silently tell her to make up something for me.

"He's from St. Louis and he just wanted a new slate."

It wasn't a lie.

"How did you two meet?" His eyes are focused on me.

"Uh.." I begin.

"We met at college. A little bump into each other in the halls turned into a great relationship." She answers for me.

I can't help but notice that his eyes won't look anywhere else than me. It's making me blush and nervous.

As the night goes on and the sunset slowly drops behind the streets of beach houses we get into a deeper conversation. His eyes only stay on me except when he takes a sip of his tea. Which has made me notice his pink, plush lips.

"Harry, how is Lanie doing?" Chelsea asks.

Lanie? He has a wife? I've been wondering all night as my crush for him slowly becomes bigger and bigger.

"She's doing great." He says.

"So you're married?" I ask but then realize there isn't a wedding band on his finger.

"Uhm. No, she's my six year old daughter." Harry says.

Chelsea gives Harry a soft look and says, "Can I tell Louis?"

"Yeah, go ahead."

"Lanie is Harry's daughter. He was married but they got divorced when Harry came out as gay. She left Harry and Lanie about a month later." She explains.

He's gay?

"Oh.. my god. I'm sorry, I didn't know." I apologize. I feel so dumb right now.

"It's fine."

I know it's not because now he won't even glance at me. After he has been staring me down all night, he seems that he can barely even breathe the same air as me. I knew I had some sort of vibe coming from him telling me he wasn't straight.

I finsh my sea food plater in silence as I listen to their childhood stories for the rest of the night. I keep looking at him, hoping for at least a glance back but he keeps his eyes directly on Chelsea. I feel like such an ass.