Chapter 11

Next morning Abhimanyu Wakes up and sees Akshara is not in the room. He panics and thinks was yesterday just a dream. He checks the washroom but it's empty. He moves out of the room and sees Akshara is downstairs but what was she doing downstairs so early in the morning. He observes her. Akshara knocks Neil's room.

Neil(sleepy voice): bhabhi what happened? Is everything fine?

Akshara: I knew it, both of you will forget. Its 8 already you have an appointment at 9.

Neil: ohhh it totally skipped my mind. Thanks bhabhi. I will just now wake Nimisha.

Akshara: ok but now this attitude of yours won't work, you have to be more responsible.

Neil:no actually I was working on a presentation so I slept late.

Akshara: ok leave now. And she goes back to her room and sees Abhimanyu at the door.When did you wake up?

Abhimanyu: just now when you weren't here. How do you manage all these things?

Akshara: what things?

Abhimanyu: the thing you did downstairs.

Akshara: ohhh, you saw me.

Abhimanyu: yes

Akshara: it's nothing. You go and freshen up. You have to leave for office.

He goes. She takes his clothes from the closet, keeps them on bed and goes to kitchen. In the meantime he comes out of the washroom and smiles seeing his clothes on the bed along with a tie. She comes back with his coffee.

Akshara: your coffee. You get ready till then I will freshen up.

Abhimanyu: ok.

She comes out with her hair wrapped in towel and kept to one side. He is all dressed up and having his coffee.

Abhimanyu: finally after 4 days I am having a good coffee.

Akshara(raising his collar): I didn't get you.

Abhimanyu: nobody makes coffee like this.

Akshara(making him wear the tie): can I say something

Abhimanyu(unknowingly holds her by her waist as she is talking and making him wear the tie): of course. Why are you asking?

Akshara: I was saying if you could reduce workload for Neil. This time he should spend maximum time with Nimisha. She needs him more.

Abhimanyu(pulling her cheek with one hand still on her waist): as you say madam. He realizes their position and steps back and murmurs a sorry to her.

Akshara: why are you saying sorry? I am your wife and you know what for the first time I enjoyed making you wear the tie.

Abhimanyu: what does that mean?

Akshara: that means you have never reacted like this before. I used to feel I am making a statue wear a tie.

Abhimanyu(feeling very bad): I am extremely sorry. What minuscule happiness had I deprived you of?

Akshara: it's ok now. You only said na we will start afresh. Come let's have breakfast.

Manjari: you know what Akshara, this is the first time he has sat with us and had breakfast with us in the past 4 days.

Akshara gives him a look and he murmurs a sorry. After the breakfast he leaves and for the first time he says bye to her. Akshara and maa are sitting in the Hall. Neil and Nimisha arrive but nimi is extremely sad.

Akshara(worried): is everything fine Neil? What did the doctor say?

Neil:everything is fine. Nimisha is two months pregnant.