Chapter 37

2 Days Later

Akshara has got her pregnancy confirmed and she is extremely delighted to know this and today she has planned to tell Abhimanyu as well. She has planned to throw a surprise party for him and as such has asked all family members to not wish him. Akshara has kept the naming ceremony of the baby today only so that she can throw a party for Abhimanyu without him suspecting anything. It's a Sunday so everyone is home. Nimi is recovering slowly and Akshara is taking extreme care of her. Abhimanyu on the other hand loves to play with the baby but only when Akshara holds the baby because he is still afraid to hold the baby.

It's morning Akshara is getting ready and Abhimanyu is in the washroom. Akshara is standing in front of the mirror.

Akshara (hand on her belly): today you will meet your father. I am so excited.

Just then Abhimanyu comes out of the washroom.

Abhimanyu: who were you talking to?

Akshara (biting her tongue): no one. I was just waiting for you.

Abhimanyu: why you have to say something?

Akshara: no just like that and leaves.

Abhimanyu (getting ready): when it comes to others she remembers even tiny bits and today she did not even wish me. Did she actually forget or she is just pretending? Why would she pretend?

After breakfast, Akshara goes to see nimisha. Then she starts with the decorations along with Anisha. Abhimanyu and his mother are sitting in the Hall.

Manjari: Abhimanyu, what's wrong with you? Are you not feeling well?

Abhimanyu: no maa, I am fine.

Manjari: then what's with your face. You seem to be upset.

Just then Anisha comes to her mother to ask something. Akshara is standing behind Abhimanyu doing something.

Abhimanyu: since the baby has arrived. People have become so busy (only audible to Akshara).

Akshara: you said something (chuckling mentally).

Abhimanyu: no😒😒

Akshara: Abhimanyuuuu

He turns back and sees Akshara lying on the floor. She fell from the stool and there was a piece of glass lying on the floor and pierced her foot. Abhimanyu runs and lifts her and places her on the sofa.

Abhimanyu (shouting): Anisha get the first aid asap.

Anisha: bhabhi are you fine? Why didn't you ask me I would have at least held the stool while you were standing?

Akshara: Neesh I am fine.

Abhimanyu slowly removes the glass piece while she hisses in pain but controls herself. He does her dressing and goes to his room without saying a word. On the other hand Akshara is worried about her baby and thinks to call the doctor.

Akshara: hello Dr.

Doctor: hello Mrs. Birla. How are you?

Akshara: doctor I had to tell you something. I was standing on a tool and I fell down.

Doctor: did you fall with your face down?

Akshara: no doctor. I didn't.

Doctor: did you feel any impact on your belly?

Akshara: no actually the height of the tool was not much and when I fell I was not flat on the floor but I kind of fell in a sitting position.

Doctor: that's ok Mrs. Birla. I don't think there is anything to worry. But you need to be very careful.