Spiders

Note: I don't see this a lot, so I'll write it. Welcome to the second Ms. Tarantula x Reader fanfiction.

My name is Y/N. I'm 25 years old. My apartment is in the northeast section of the city I live in, where all the skyscrapers are, and I am not married. I work as an assistant for the governor and a government officer specializing in psychology and coding, and I get home every day by 8 PM at the latest. I don't smoke, but I occasionally drink. I'm in bed by 11 PM, and make sure I get eight hours of sleep, no matter what.

Unlike the local law enforcers of the police force, I have caught any target I was assigned to. And now, I was assigned to a group called, The Bad Guys.

As you got dressed for your job in another generic suit and tie, you sighed as you picked up your tiny suitcase. Well, relative to human size, at least. Turning, you looked into the mirror with a comb. Jesus, you looked awful.

Whatever. Splash a little water on and...you look like every other spider in the world.

You slowly walked to the elevator and climbed up to the button. Being a spider was good and all, having the ability to climb surfaces and make webs, but being so small was a huge inconvenience. "Another day, another few hours of helping a politician do nothing but sign paperwork." You said, as you waited inside the elevator. Jazz music you had heard countless times played inside the elevator.

Finally, the ding ended the jazz music and opened the doors. You walked out on your eight legs as the elevator closed its doors. People were instantly careful of where they stepped when they saw you, either because they thought you were a monster, or because they didn't want to step on a small animal.

Meeting the warm sunlight outside of the hotel, you grabbed your cell phone and called a cab. You got into the cab that arrived and it swiftly took you there. Mostly because the driver was pretty scared.

You paid him no mind though, as you checked through your IPad for any messages from the government. Something about Marmalade's meteor...Something about a gala being planned...Ah, yes. Top secret, blah blah blah, targeting The Bad Guys this time?

All you hear on the news these days is how the Bad Guys have robbed something. It's annoying. It would be a pleasure to finally stop these thieves.

You don't appreciate the stupidly shiny skyscrapers reflecting the sun at you, but at least the skyline was interesting.

The car stopped in front of the building you had seen countless times. Still nothing changed. Well, time to get out your IPad and talk about meetings and speeches for 9 hours.

Pushing open the door, your eyes met a certain fox.

"Hi, Diane. Let's discuss what you do today."

"C'mon, Y/N. Act a teensy weeny relaxed. Not everything has to be a government operation."

"I do my job, and you do yours. And do not say teensy weeny around me. I think it's insulting."

"Fine. Wanna get coffee?"

You sighed. "Alright."

Cups of coffee later, you and Diane continued the daily routine. Telling her her schedule, and reading the file about these Bad Guys.

"You have a meeting at about 4:30 about climate change, signing a contract to build a hospital, another speech for the Bad Guys on Wednesday, and...that's about it."

"Alright, thanks, Legs."

"Again, just Y/N, ma'am, stop calling me that."

"You don't like nicknames?"