Plans

Ahead of you lay another spider, clutching her head in pain.

"Sorry, Miss?"

"It's just Tara."

"Again, sorry, Tara."

You helped her up off the dance floor and the both of you walked over to the side. She was also wearing strange clothes, with a hoodie and some wireless headphones laying on her neck. The tattoo on her right arm was slightly covered by her hoodie's sleeves, but it was still visible.

"You were trying to get across the dance floor, so I can't be too hard on you." You were somewhat surprised at the spider refusing money.

"Y'know, there aren't a lot of spiders in this city that have the nerve to show up here. You could die with this amount of people, getting stepped on by some drunk guy."

"I know that." Tara dusted herself off, giving an irritated look at you.

"I-"

"It's fine. Honestly."

Good. She won't sue me.

Heading over to the door, you were about to leave, when Tara stopped you.

"What's your name? Since I told you mine."

"Y/N. Y/N L/N." Sharing your name with a stranger was certainly a fatal mistake, but you wanted to tell her your name. You could deal with the assassination attempts later.

"Maybe it's that I'm a little drunk, but that name sounds funny."

"I'll try taking that as a compliment." You said.

This party was at least a little bearable with another spider here. Perhaps you should stay here. Maybe meeting up with her again would be fun.

"Are you going to the gala with the Golden Dolphin?" You asked.

"Yeah sure. Everyone's invited, right?"

"See you there, I guess."

"What do you think are the odds?"

"Probably somewhere about 1 in a thousand or something."

The music blared in the background as you finished your drink, placing the glass on a nearby table.

"Do you want to...dance?"

You looked at Tara as if she was insane. She probably was, actually. Dancing was beneath spiders. The only ones that dance are those weird jumping spiders, and even then it's basically just a marriage thing they do once.

"I'm not a jumping spider. Why would you want to invite a stranger to dance anyway?"

"Eh, I don't even know how to dance, honestly. I was just hoping you knew."

"Heh."

Another few minutes passed in silence. You suddenly noticed something. She hadn't told you her last name.

"What is your last name?"

"What?"

"I gave you my last name, so give me yours."

"I don't want to give it to you."

Something was wrong.

But hey, even if she was Ms. Tarantula, even if she was right next to you, you were gonna catch them in a few days. It wasn't like they could somehow escape you.

Nobody could.

The phone in your hand vibrated for a second. Was someone calling? Ah crap, you had to go now.