Just The Way It Is

Thanks for reading guys! Loving all the comments, and feeling bad that I only just discovered there's a vote feature 😅 Sorry to everyone I haven't used this feature on!

So this next part is just some fun moments and housemate dynamics. Hope you enjoy!

——

Izzy's POV

I was cleaning up one Sunday morning around the house, picking up some of my stuff from work the day before that I'd left in the hallway. Returning to my room with my belongings, I saw a slight peak of maroon out of the corner of my eye as I passed Heath's room. I quickly dumped my stuff in my room before going to investigate.

Heath was away for the weekend again with more workshops, but I knew he'd be back later this afternoon. I walked into his immaculately tidy room, rolling my eyes at how clean he keeps it. And then I saw it, just laying on his set of drawers; the maroon beanie that I thought I lost.

I pulled out my phone and immediately drafted a text.

I: HEATH YOU BEANIE THIEF! What do you have to say for yourself?

H: 😏

I: 😤😡

H: What? It looked good with what I was wearing last week and it matched my shoes

H: Anyway don't you have like 10 of my hoodies hiding in your wardrobe?

I: 😒 NOT THE POINT!

H: You're wearing one right now, aren't you? 😏

I looked down, realising he was right. I was wearing his rose hoodie, my favourite. I groaned and stormed out of his room before crashing on my bed. I felt my phone vibrate again.

H: Am I right?

I: Yes 😑

H: It's ok. I know they're comfy. But can I at least have a couple of them back please? 🥺

I: Fine, I guess you can have your stuff back that you spent your hard earned money on 😝

I spent the rest of the morning cleaning up my messy room and washing my clothes, along with five of Heath's hoodies I found. I folded them up nicely and set them on his bed with a little note that read: This is all you're getting back ;)

——

Heath's POV

I walked into the bathroom, tired from a long Wednesday. I was so ready to have a nice hot shower after the brutal floor-based choreography session we had today. I stripped down to my underwear to check for bruises. I didn't normally bruise, but hip bones on hardwood floor were just asking for it.

As I looked up into the mirror to see if there were any more bruises I startled and held my tongue as I made eye contact with a zombie head staring back at me, sitting on the wall shelf.

"IZZY!"

A head of dark curls popped into view, looking a little sheepish. "Are you ok, Heath?"

I just death-stared her, pointing at the accurate bust of Izzy's favourite zombie I had gotten her last Christmas. Izzy couldn't hold back her laughter, holding onto the doorframe for support to stop her from falling to the floor.

I took it down from the shelf and walked out of the bathroom.

"I'm confiscating this", I grumbled as I pushed past her.

I could hear her snicker, trying to hold in another laugh as I walked away.

——

Izzy's POV