Special Chapter 2

Mateo

"Honey, are you okay? What's wrong?" he asked while gently rubbed her back. She's vomiting every morning, and it's making me worried.

"Mateo, can you buy me a pregnancy test?" My eyes widened after she said that. I remembered that I didn't use protection that night after we got married.

"I think I'm pregnant." I nodded and I carefully carried her out of the bathroom.

"Just call me if you want something to eat," I said, kissing her forehead before I left our room.

When I went down the stairs, I saw Nanang Ester cleaning. "Iho sana ka pupunta?" she asked after she saw me. Michelle and our daughter have been on vacation here in the hacienda since it's summer.

"I need to buy some pregnancy tests, Nanang." Her eyes widened.

"Aba'y hindi mo na kailangan bumili, meron sa emergency kit" she says excitedly as she gets the emergency kit in the kitchen.

"Ito iho," she said, giving me the box of a pregnancy test. I thanked her and went back to our room.

I saw my wife eating potato chips while watching TV. "Here, honey," I said to the box of pregnancy tests.

She frowned. "Bakit ang bilis mo?"

"We have a pregnancy test in our emergency kit." She nodded and accepted the box. She goes to the bathroom, and while waiting, I feel nervous and excited at the same time.

It's been a few minutes since she came out of the bathroom. I went to her. "How's the result?" I nervously asked. She just smiled and hugged me. "It's positive; I am pregnant," she whispered.

My mouth parted and I shed tears of happiness.

"I'm sorry, honey, I am just so happy." I wiped my tears.
"It's fine, okay," she gently patted my back.

"Mateo paano yung pag-aaral ko?" she suddenly asked.
I feel guilty; I promised her that it wouldn't make her pregnant. "Im sorry, honey, for being irresponsible."

She touched my face and gently caressed it. "No, it's not your fault; I just worried dahil nag aalala ako kung paano ko kayo maaalagaan kung nag aaral ako, so stop saying sorry, okay?" she always said gently.

"I love you, honey," I said, and my tears rolled down my cheeks. My life is full of happiness because of my wife, my daughter, and our baby.

"Oh, I love you so much," she said while wiping my tears.