Chapter 7: Neverland

Ella indulged Tink. Sitting on the rock by the creek listening to her story about Peter and who he was before. Tink explained how Peter was just a twelve-year-old boy when he met Wendy and her stories. He kept on coming back until finally, he brought her to Neverland. Wendy would stay for a while, but then upon request, Peter would bring her back home. How every time he returned for her; he became older as she did. Peter eventually fell madly in love with Wendy and begged her to stay with him. At first, she refused, that is until she turned sixteen and was set to marry someone else. In a rush, Wendy left home and decided to stay in Neverland forever. That was the year 1916, over 100 years ago.

"We are all immortal here Ella," Curly explained as they packed up to hunt for dinner. "Everyone is immortal until we leave the island. We don't know how it will affect us, but Peter grows one year older every time he is there."

The conversation came to a halt when they left the creek to track a deer, keeping quiet so it doesn't run off. After picking up a trail, all hiked further into the mountainous ranges of Neverland. How big is this island anyway? How am I supposed to escape? With Ella's thoughts swirling inside her head, she gathered up the courage to ask. "None of you have left the island before?"

"No" Tootles replied.

"Do you guys know how Peter does it?"

All of them shook their heads as they continued. "He is the king of Neverland Ella; he can do whatever he wants."

"But what if.." Ella started, but Tink cut her off.

"It doesn't matter Ella." Tink grabs Ella's shoulders, knowing what she was up to. "No one gets on or off this island without Peter knowing."

Ella sighed in frustration. This was going to be a lot harder than she thought. Not only does she have to dodge Peter, but also the boys, Tink, and Wendy. Can I trust anyone? I mean, besides Peter, Nibs and Tink are the ones that lured me into this mess. How can they stand idly by and still follow him? I just don't understand. Just look at Tink's face!

Ella eyes Tinkerbell's swollen face, her eye growing a nasty black and purple. Tink turned and looked at Ella back, giving a weak smile.

"Don't you see Ella?" Tink said.

Ella shook out of her thoughts, not hearing what had Tink said before. Instead, Ella just nodded "Mmm hmm."

Tink raised her brow in question, unsure that Ella actually did hear her, but continued anyway.

"Wendy changed everything. She changed Peter, thus changing our friendship, the lost boys..."

And Tink continued on from there, jabbering this and that about Wendy. But Ella didn't listen, she didn't buy any of what Tink said. Ella knew how Tink felt about Peter, she didn't have to say. It was quite obvious that Tink was in love with him and she didn't like that Peter chose Wendy as his main gal. Why she was in love with him when he had beaten her? Ella would never understand the concept of domestic violence. But if that were true, where were the bruises and cuts on Wendy?

Sorry Tink, I have more important things to worry about.

......

Deer's blood pelted the path as Nibs carried the carcass on his back, nearing the fortress to cook it for dinner. A slight afternoon breeze brushed through Ella as she followed behind, cooling her from the exhausting heat of the day. Getting closer, Ella stopped and went to turn left, heading to her own house. She had to get away and think. Tink and the Lost Boys climbed into the appearing doorway. All except for one of the twins.

"Where are you going?" He called as she took a few steps away.

"I'm going home."

"But.. dinner."