Chapter 47

Taehyung stared at his own reflection on the bathroom mirror while water ran down the sink which he cared less to close the tap— yet again lost in his own thoughts.

He let out a sigh as he finally closed it, the running water stopped. Wished he could stop his thoughts easily just like closing the tap.

Yeah, he haven't told Jungkook about his job and what he decided to do with it yet and it has already been over a week since Jimin told him to.

Yeah, time passes so quickly without him even realizing he has been keeping this to himself for this long, but he just couldn't bring himself to tell him. He wasn't ready yet, wasn't ready for Jungkook's reaction to his decision.

He took a deep breath before opening the washroom door, desperately hoping Jungkook would fall asleep so he can excuse himself for another reason why he didn't tell him yet.

Sometimes people just use bad timing as an excuse for something they don't wanna do or they can't do. And that's exactly what he has been doing for the past few days.

But everything has a limit, so as for his excuses too. And guess what? Now seems to be where his limit is, because when he opened the door, Jungkook was holding his letter on his hand and looking at him.

Where did he get that from? He's pretty sure he hide it well. But that's not the problem here, it's how he should tell everything- for the job, as well as for the reason why he hide them.

But whatever it is, he was so ready to apologize so Jungkook doesn't get misunderstood, but-

"Tae! Oh my god! Congratulations!"

But he was welcomed with a warm hug, congratulating him with a voice and smile filled with excitement.

"Is this supposed to be a surprise for me? I'm so happy for you."

Surprise for him? Not actually, but guess somehow it turned out that way.

"When did you get this letter btw?"

Taehyung paused at that, "over a week ago."

Jungkook loosen his arms around Taehyung to look at him at the answer.
"That long? Why didn't you tell me earlier? Did you really plan to surprise me or something? Did I ruin it? Is that why you're sulking?"

Taehyung stared at him, Jungkook's eyes looked so excited. It's been long since he saw excitement in his eyes. He missed it, and he was so relieved Jungkook finally smiled so brightly after so many days.

He could just lie and say Jungkook's right so he can make the smile stay for longer, but that's not it. He shouldn't hold it back anymore. He gotta tell him his decision right now.

"Well... No. It wasn't a surprise. I wasn't going to tell you about it. I tried so hard to hide it but you found it anyway."

Yeah that's what he decided to do.

And Jungkook's reaction was as he expected- upset, and confused.

"Why?"

Yeah, that's the word he was scared of the most. Because it asks for an answer. But he had to.

"I wasn't planning to take that job anyway. So I thought I would just-"

"Wait," Jungkook interrupted, and Taehyung could clearly tell he's bothered by the answer. "What do you mean? Why won't you take the job?"

Taehyung wanted to tell him why he wouldn't take job, but he didn't want Jungkook to misunderstand.

"I just... I can do it some times later. I want to stay here, there're so many beautiful places here as well. It's not like I've travel every corner of our country. I can just do what I want here and-"