I Built a Territory in Ancient Times Chapter 2

At the beginning, when these matters reached the Emperor’s ears, he just dismissed it with a laugh. But there were more people complaining, thus the Emperor started to have a headache. He wanted to lecture the Fourteenth Prince. However, when he saw that chubby flesh like a stuffed steamed bun’s face weeping and sobbing, looking like he’s been extremely wronged, he couldn’t harden his heart and do it.
It has to be said that Ming Yu inherited the exquisite facial features of Empress Yuan. Later, he was nourished to become white and fat. If there was no foolishness, he would be extremely likable. The Emperor once joked that his Fourteenth son’s face was of good fortune and one that had good blessing. As a result, he could not be beaten or scolded. In the end, he couldn’t reprimand or punish him at all.

Those people suffered a loss, and the Emperor deliberately shielded him. Since there was nothing they could do, they could only break a tooth and swallow their blood. Since nothing could be done to him, they could only stay far away from this little lunatic who couldn’t be reasoned with. Therefore, Ming Yu’s reputation for being domineering, stingy, stupid and crazy was spread.

But Ming Yu didn’t mean to take it back in the slightest, and continued his own way of doing things as before. Because of this, Ming Yu was notorious for his misdeeds, and everyone in the capital knew of it. The Emperor also didn’t have any methods to deal with him. In the end, at the suggestion of Imperial Concubine Shu, when he came of age, they quickly started to arrange a territory for the Fourteenth Prince. Sending him far away like this, it would be out of sight out of mind. This would avoid having him make troubles, cause disturbances, and make people feel as though their head could explode, which would be good for everyone.

Now that it had been decided, it was put on the agenda. But in the end, it was his own son and the second son of Empress Yuan. In addition to the fact that Ming Yu was a little stupid, having him manage a territory far away wouldn’t put him at ease. If it was too poor it would be failing Empress Yuan. Therefore, he thought of arranging a piece of land nearby the capital city for him to play with. If there were any problems, he, this Emperor, would be able to settle everything for him on time, right?

The land near the capital city was extremely expensive, and the fields were fertile. Even having a small piece of that land, would be like falling into a fortune nest. Many people were jealous when they heard the news, and Imperial Concubine Shu even tore off several pieces of handkerchiefs. For what reason can a foolish prince have such a good territory?

Just when the Emperor had already decided, Ming Yu suddenly went crazy and didn’t want the Emperor to arrange his paradise land for him. He pointed to the westernmost piece of land on the map and said: He doesn’t want his territory anywhere else, it had to be here.

His stupid son probably couldn’t read a map, right? So, he just pointed to a place and decided on it. The Emperor tried to explain to him clearly. He, himself, had a fatherly heart, and he did that for the good of this stupid son. This was for the future of this stupid son, so he could sleep soundly without any worries. However, Ming Yu was determined not to listen. He did not listen, no matter what good things had been said. He ignored everything. He showed his attitude, stating clearly that either he would make his own territory there on the map, or don’t give a territory to him at all. He can just stay and play freely in the palace.
This stupid son, who was unmoved by force or persuasion, made the Emperor blow his beard and stare angrily. How could any of his other sons dare to make trouble in front of him? Didn’t each and every one of them keep silent out of fear? Only this stupid son, he really could do nothing about him. Sometimes, he really wished he could just personally ruthlessly beat him up with his hands, but he was a monarch under the heavens. Thus, he needed to have manners and couldn’t bother to argue with this foolish son. After doing countless psychological construction, to accept what was previously unacceptable, the Emperor finally compromised. That’s it, fine. A grown up son doesn’t need his dad anymore, so he could only comply with him. Pity his fatherly compassion that no one would feel grateful for.