I Built a Territory in Ancient Times Chapter 7

He was still in a daze. When he had received the imperial decree ordering him to lead five hundred imperial guards to follow and protect the Fourteen Prince to Liangcheng territory, at that time, he knew that from now on, his master would be the reputed, legendary foolish prince. Some of his colleagues who got the news sympathized with him, some laughed at him, and some secretly took joy in his calamity. From everyone’s eyes, he saw his own pitiful self, following a foolish prince, who chose his territory in a war-torn barren land. His official career in the future was ruined, and the hopes of returning to the capital in the future were slim. At that time, It’s not that he had no complaints on why he was unlucky, that he had to follow such a fool?

At the time the foolish prince made Liangzhou City his vassal territory, everyone in the capital laughed at him. How did this fool not think things through and go to such a dangerous place? Is it not good to live near the capital? Sure enough, a fool is a fool, and his thoughts were different from those of normal people. Can he even last for one or two months? But, that was his choice, and the Emperor’s golden words had already bestowed to him. One is afraid that even if he couldn’t persist through, it would still be impossible to return. Once he was there, maybe after living there for several years, he might get killed by the invading barbarians, and even then no one could appeal for justice for him. 

Under everyone’s laughter, the Fourteenth Prince, not right, it was Ming Yu who had already been bestowed as Duan Wang, set off with the protection of the five hundred imperial guards allocated by the Emperor.

Mo Jiang had no other choice, and now there was no room to change anything. He could only admit that he was unlucky. Anyway, this master was stupid, so what could he know? Just do your part and do it well. Then for the future days, it would already be good enough just to get through it. 

However, when he set off, the young man in beautiful clothes came to him with a gentle smile on his face. He had a pair of peach blossom eyes curved like crescents, and his voice was clear and sweet, “Commander Mo, I’ll have to trouble you a lot in the future now.” 

Mo Jiang was stunned for a moment. He didn’t expect that His Highness Duan Wang would specifically say such things to him. Isn’t it just his duty? There was no need for His Highness to talk to him personally.

Looking at the back of His Highness Duan Wang, who turned and got on the carriage, Mo Jiang felt flattered for the first time.

The rumor was that Ming Yu was a fool with imperious and domineering behavior. He always did whatever he wanted. Compared to other princes, he was indeed not good. Any normal person wouldn’t be willing to follow him, right?

However, Mo Jiang had followed Ming Yu throughout the whole journey and observed him secretly to find that Duan Wang was not like what the rumor said at all. His temper was amiable, and occasionally getting close with his attendants, he was harmless. No matter what he did, he never insisted on doing it his own way and would discuss things with others. For some very common matters, occasionally he would be confused due to his ignorance, but sometimes the words that came out of his mouth were shocking to the world. Things that no normal person would say. Often when this happened, he truly appeared to be foolish.

Mo Jiang had inquired from Qingping, His Highness’s personal maid in private, why the rumor outside about His Highness would become something like this. The maid gave him a blank look: Our Highness’s idiotic illness had long since healed, and some people in the palace were naturally unable to see that our Highness had become better now, and kept doing bad things behind his back. Our Highness is fine, but how can anyone else become aware that he’s become good now?