Built a Territory in Ancient Times Chapter 8

Everyone’s thoughts were very complicated. Ming Yu gave them their last hope. Three to five years was not long. With hope that was bestowed by the person in front of them, at least at this moment, they were grateful.

When Ji You saw this scene from a distance, his eyes flashed a ray of light full of interest.  Hey! Interesting! He had been following Duan Wang for a few days, and he had learned to some extent that this Duan Wang did not seem to be as foolish as rumors as stated of handling things without order or rule.

He rubbed his chin, thinking, but even then he didn’t know that there would be such a big difference in the rumors outside about Duan Wang. He had only thought of one sentence up to now, great intelligence may appear to be stupidity. With a few words of his, he can easily resolve the grievances of the people below, and even conquer the people’s hearts. The brilliance in it, he’s afraid that ordinary people wouldn’t be able to do it.

He squinted his eyes and concealed the look in his eyes. Everyone was fooled by Duan Wang. It seemed that he should inform General Xie of these things as soon as possible.

After solving the emotional disturbance in the troops, they already nearly reached Liangcheng. They were only a few tens of miles away. He could see a crowd of grand men and horses from a distance. The people who were sent out to inquire about the news quickly reported back that it was Liu Daren from the prefecture of Liangzhou and Great General Wei from the Liangzhou garrison who came to greet Duan Wang.

Ming Yu refused their special offer to escort them before, but now that Ming Yu and his party were about to arrive, whatever the case, they should come to greet them. Otherwise, if Duan Wang came to this territory, and they, the officials of this place, acted unconcerned and did not pay attention to it, if they were caught, it could be considered a crime for looking down on imperial power. This was a serious crime. It was possible to exterminate their entire family. Therefore, officials from all over Liangzhou came to greet him.

Ming Yu nodded at the military formation that presumably came to welcome him. His side couldn’t possibly lose in etiquette. No matter what, he still had to have the prince’s position. He immediately instructed his subordinates to reorganize the troops, unfold the banner, and assume the prince’s majestic presence. The spirit of the whole troop became different. 
When the two parties met, the exchange of polite greetings was inevitable. Ming Yu handled it skillfully and easily. With a smile on his face, he gave people a sense of spring breeze. Of course, this also puzzled those people who have heard the rumors. His Highness Duan Wang’s appearance was so graceful, why was he slandered like that? Therefore, seeing is believing. Things one hears may be false. This was a living example.

Ming Yu switched his horse carriage and was surrounded by the Prefectural Magistrate Liu and Great General Wei. He came here for the first time and didn’t know anything. Having this opportunity, he naturally wanted to get closer to them and explore the situation in Liangcheng.

“Your Highness may not be aware, but there are frequent wars in the borderland, and most of the farmlands have long been left to return to the wild. The common people’s life is already difficult. Many people have no food to fill their stomachs. There is a little surplus grain, which is not even enough for the barbarians to come and loot.” Liu Daren started to talk.

This was the truth. It had been like this since he took office. Although he said that he tried hard to change the people’s livelihood, he was powerless, and he had already spent a lot of effort to maintain the current situation.

He spoke honestly at this time, also hoping that Duan Wang would understand the suffering of the common people. In the future, Liangcheng and the surrounding area of ​​several hundred miles will also be Duan Wang’s territory. And the population production in this land will also be counted as Duan Wang’s. If His Highness Duan Wang could sympathize with the people’s circumstances, those common people could possibly make a living. But, if they came across a territory lord who was selfish and did not care for the common people’s life or death or exploit them instead, then, those common people would certainly be miserable. If they did not die, they would still lose layers of skin. These borderland people already suffered enough already, if it’s like this then there would be no way to live.