Chapter 5

I woke up because of the smell of bacon and eggs. Looks like someone already cooked breakfast. It wasn't unusual or anything since Ryu knows how to cook too. He's young but he knows how to do all of the house chores.

I woke up and the first thing I noticed was Chuukichi wasn't by my side anymore. I looked around and saw that the kids were up too. I could see them in the dining area sitting down. I was about to get up when I noticed that the blanket was now on me, pretty sure I put this on Chuukichi last night. Even though I was confused I still got up and stretched and folded the blanket and laid it down on the couch.

"Good morning sis!" All of them greeted me as soon as I sat down next to Ryu who's already eating his breakfast and all of them are already in their uniform too.

"Did you cook?" I whispered to Ryu who surprisingly shook his head. He pointed behind me and I looked up, only to see that Chuukichi was behind me holding a plate with a small smile plastered on his face. He was also still wearing a apron, guess he was the one who cooked.

"You're lucky I don't get scared easily. I would've smacked you in the face for sneaking up on me" He giggled and placed the plate that he was holding in front of me. It was pancakes!

"I asked Ryu what your favorite breakfast is and he said pancakes, I hope what he said is true" He gave Ryu a fist bump and Ryu was just sitting there with a proud smile on his face.

"It is pancakes" I laughed as I felt blood rushing to my cheeks again.

"I wanted to cook your favorite as a thank you for letting us stay here for a week and taking care of me last night" Then my cheeks got redder when I remembered what happened last night. When Ryu gave me the blankets and I immediately put it  over him and when I did he suddenly hugged me and snuggled close to me.

"R-right. Did you sleep well?" I tried to act cool and changed the topic. I tapped the sit next to me and he sat down and started digging on his own food too.

"I slept very well" 

---------

"I need to go to the babysitter's club" I informed Chuukichi when the both of us are about to depart. He needed to go do something while I need to go to my club. Today a lot of the students are recruiting people to their club.

"Okay, I'll head first then" I nodded and waved goodbye to him, I was about to go when he suddenly called him 

"Akari" He calmly called. I looked behind and waited for him to speak.

"Take care" I felt like my heart was about to come out of my chest but it needed to calm down. I can't fangirl in the middle of the hallway where people are watching!

"Yeah, you too" I waved and hurriedly went to the babysitter's club.

---------

"Oh- sorry I'm late" When I walked in I saw the kids on top of Ryuuchi, looks he just got there too. They were also talking about the recruitment poster that Ryuuchi made.

"Sis!" Taka also came running to me and stretched his arms so I carried him and went inside the club.

"Are you gonna put that on the board?" I asked as Usaida-san passed it to me so I can take a look.

"The board was pretty well covered. There was no place left to put it. And you're not allowed to put it anywhere else" I could tell that he was disappointed by that news but we really can't do anything. We can't just rip out some of the posters so ours can fit.

"Lemme see"

"Lemme...see"

"I guess it is that time of the year. In that case, when we go on our walk, why don't we look in on other clubs? The high school one of course" That sounded like a good idea, if we do that I can also find out which club Chuukichi is in!