Chapter Seven ~ Those Three Words

//I'll correct mistakes later✏️\\

I woke up to the continuous sound of a banging noise at the front door, the noise pounding through my head.

"What?" I mumbled. I turned my head carefully to the right and glanced up into Charlie's bright blue eyes, my head resting on his lap.

"It's just the lads, Reece has gone to answer" Charlie smiled sweetly, pushing my hair gently away from my face.

10 seconds later, in burst 6 boys with grins broad on their rosy faces, all panting for breath.

"Mate, do you realise we had to run" Jake panted, clutching his stomach and squinting his eyes.

I sat up straight and stared in amusement around at all the boys who stood scattered around the room.

"Why?" Reece laughed, he stood casually leaning against the wall.

"Because Tom told us too" he panted again, slipping down against the wall, glaring at Tom who stood beaming.

"You all tell me I'm not 'sporty' enough so we ran, simple as" He joked.

"Yes, Tom!" I laughed, reaching over to high-five him.

"Who's side are you on, Leah?" James exclaimed, his arms outstretched in confusion.

"Tom's because he's cool and you're a loser" I smirked, resting both arms on the back of the sofa as they all slowly regained their breath.

"What are they doing here?" I whispered to Charlie, trying to be discreet but clearly failing.

"It's rude to whisper!" Jake yelled after noticing my discretion. I glared over at him, he noticed my reaction and gave a seductive wink before continuing to tie his shoe laces.

"Jake, mate, shut up" Charlie laughed, slumping down onto the sofa, turning his back to the lads.

"You didn't answer me!" I whined and repeating his actions.

"They wanted too, I guess" he shrugged, glancing over at me.

"Are they staying the night?" I asked slowly, my voice quavering.

"I think so...are you okay?" He replied, noticing my reaction.

"Yeah" I forced a fake smile onto my face which he clearly saw through.

He slung his arm over my shoulder and pulled me into his chest, leaving a small kiss on my forehead.

"You can stay in my room if you like" he smiled reassuringly.

"What are we doing today then?" I heard Casey's voice boom as he jumped over the back of the sofa and slumped down next to me, getting maybe a little too close.

"Are you alright Leah?" He asked politely.

I nodded slowly, smiling at him.

"Are you sure? You can talk to me whenever" he smiled, sneaking me away from Charlie and pulling me into a tight hug.

"Casey's pulling younger girls now" James yelled around the house as he saw our hug.

I glanced over in alarm at Reece who glared at Casey, his body tensed up.

"Just ignore him" Casey chuckled, pulling me closer into the hug.

"Does he think he's funny?" I smirked, trying to sound cool.

"Clearly!" Casey laughed.

"It's alright though" he smiled sweetly.

"What's alright?" I quizzed.

"I'm not going to try and pull you" he smirked, "not that I would anyway!" He interjected.

"It's alright Case" I laughed, patting him on the chest and sitting up.

"I've got my eye on a girl anyway" he replied, pulling away from the hug and staring down at the ground, his cheeks flushed.

I stared around the room to see if anyone was listening before quizzing him on who she was.

"Aw Casey! That's adorable!" I squealed maybe a little too loudly.

"Shh!" He rushed, covering his hand over my mouth.

"Sorry" I whispered, pushing my hair away from my face and giving him a small hug.

"'I'm happy for you" I grinned, patting him gently on the back and pulling away from the hug.

"Thank you, Leah" he grinned a genuine grin.

"Come on, let's find the others" I shrugged, grabbing his hand and pulling him up off the sofa and into the adjoining kitchen where I saw 6 boys ravaging away at a domino's pizza.

"When did we buy this?" I quizzed, confusion stuck across my face.

"When you and Casey were having your make-out session we went to get pizza" Chris mumbled through a mouthful of pizza.

"You're actually animals" Casey laughed, before going to take a slice himself.

"Where's Reece?" I asked, noticing his absence.

"In my room, practising I think" Charlie shrugged, smiling sweetly.

"I'll be back in a second" I waved, before leaving the room and wandering through the house towards Charlie's bedroom.

I could hear a small humming and strum of a guitar as I reached the mahogany door. I knocked slowly twice before pushing the door open and sticking my head in. I saw Reece sat cross legged on the bed, his guitar over his lap and concentration scribbled over his face.

"Are you okay?" I asked, pushing the door slightly open and slipping in.

"Yep" Reece nodded, not giving me eye contact.

I crossed the room and sat gently next to him on the bed.

"Can you play for me?" I eventually got the guts to say.

He glanced over at me, his eyes surveying my face before he pushed the guitar off his lap and placed it down next to him.

"Reece..." I whispered.

"What?" He mumbled back.

"Nothing happened between Casey and I" I sighed.

"I saw the way you looked at him" he sighed louder, his body tensing up.

"It's Casey..." I joked, shifting awkwardly on the end of the bed.

"Exactly, it's Casey." Reece stated, tilting his head and finally giving me eye contact.

"I don't feel anything towards any of the guys in this house" I shrugged, trying to brush off the situation.

"No one?" Reece asked, his body tensing up.

"Well..." I started, rubbing my knee awkwardly.

Reece's eye's still glaring at me.

"Well?" He said, through gritted teeth.

"Expect...you" I smiled sweetly, glancing down at the ground.

Next thing I know two lips came crashing down onto mine, knocking me backwards slightly. I was about to my arms back to hold myself up when Reece's hand snaked around my waist and pulled me deeper into the kiss.

The kiss was different to our other one, it felt like it really meant something. It was more passionate and both of us just melted into it.

Reece pulled away slightly and whispered into my lips, "I love you, Leah"

My heart melted as the words slipped out of his mouth, "I love you too, Reece Bibby".

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vote//Comment//Share👅