Chapter Fifteen ~ Babe

"So..." Reece mentioned in an uncomfortable way as we walked hand-in-hand down the street.

"You don't have to talk" I giggled, rubbing my thumb softly over the back of his hand.

Reece just nodded slowly, staring down at the ground.

"Are you okay?" I asked softly, nudging him slightly in the elbow as we walked through the town.

"Yeah" He stared blankly.

"Come on, Reece" I begged, staring up into his face. The light illuminating his delicate facial features.

"Why are you seeing Jake next week?" He asked, finally turning his head to look at me. We held eye contact for what seemed like a millennium. His mouth slight parted as he waited for my reply.

I gulped, cleared my throat and shook my head. "How did you know about that?" I asked, my eyebrows raised.

"When you went to the toilet he text you saying what time he was coming over" He shifted uncomfortably on the spot as we reached my petite house.

"So you read my texts?" I asked, releasing my hand from his grip and standing directly in front of him to block his entrance up to my house.

"Only what was on the home screen" Reece interjected at his own defence.

"But, Reece, you still read my texts!" I stated, my voice raising slightly as I glared at him. Anger boiling through my body.

There was a short silence before Reece muttered: "why were you talking to Jake?"

"Because he's my friend" I snapped, crossing my arms over my chest like a child.

"Don't do that" Reece snapped, staring at with his piercing eyes.

"Do what?" I snapped back, crossing my arms further over my chest, cutting the blood circulation to my fingers.

"Get mad at me" He sighed, his face loosening as he stared across at me.

"Reece, you had no right" I signed, uncrossing my arms and staring down to the cobbled ground, tracing my foot slowly across the kerb.

"I know, and I'm sorry..." Reece whispered, placing his index finger lightly under my chin and lifting it slowly up to stare adoringly into my eyes.

"Nothing's happening between me and Jake" I sighed, a tear rolling slowly down my cheek.

It took Reece a second to realise before he caught the tear as it slipped down my cheek, he caressed his hand firmly over my cheek and whispered softly: "I just got jealous, I know what Jake's like"

"I love you too much to do that" I giggled softly, staring from his piercing eyes down to his plump lips, before crashing my lips onto his.

It's funny how within the space of 5 minutes I can go from being head over heels in love with this boy to wishing he wasn't there. It's one of the things I love about him, it's a weird thing to love, but it's true. He can change my mood in seconds.

//

"How was the cinema?" Charlie muttered through a mouthful of Chicken as he glanced at me from across the table.

"It was alright" I sighed - tracing the fork, in a figure of eight, slowly around the circular plate.

"What's up?" Charlie sighed, reaching over for a napkin and wiping his mouth clean of ketchup markings.

I looked up at him, the hurt in his eyes, and forced my best fake smile. "Nothing"

"Don't lie to me, Leah" Charlie snapped, slumping back into the cushioned seat and scrunching the dirty napkin up in his huge hands.