7: Numb little bug

Ajax looked at his cuffed hands and ankles, sitting in the back of the police car. His face was stained with the tears he had cried only a few minutes ago, one of his cheeks still stinging from the pain of a punch he had received.

He was to be transferred directly to prison, where he would be processed and locked up for the rest of his life.

Ajax clenched his fists, lowering his gaze. What had he done to deserve this fate? Okay, he robbed some store with fake weapons, broke into the houses of rich people to steal some belongings all to help his family... But he never killed anyone. He had fought hundreds of times in the streets, attended protests a few times, and created chaos with other people... He was a juvenile delinquent, yes. But did he deserve this unjust punishment? He was being blamed for murdering six people, what nonsense was that?

He shrugged, pressing his lips flat and his eyelids shut to stop the tears from welling up.

His so-called friends had most likely sold him down the river, as had his family.

Ajax treasured his relatives, he wanted the best for them even if they had neglected him and treated him badly at times. After all, he began committing crimes as a form of escape, and in an attempt to earn their attention, although that last one he would never admit. He had gone the wrong way by his own choice, wasn't things ending up this way his fault and the consequence of all his actions?

No one believed him, nor will anybody ever believe him.

He was going to be even more alone than he had been before.

Ajax sighed then took a deep breath.

The front doors of the car opened, and two men dressed in black suits entered. They didn't look like police officers, and he hadn't seen them at the trial either. Who were they? Ajax couldn't help but tense, the security bars separating them. He went to open his mouth to ask what was happening, but the door to the seat next to him opened, and an albino woman entered. He had seen her before, along with the boy with brown hair and golden eyes.

The woman sat and the doors closed at once. Ajax glanced at her, watching as she silently tied her belt, her movement smooth and graceful as if she was in no hurry.

A few seconds later the car started, heading to prison.

After watching her for several seconds, Childe shifted his gaze away, silence reigning inside the vehicle.

Why weren't the police officers who had taken him there transferring him? Who were these people?

"Ajax Volkov," the woman's voice broke the silence that had settled with an icy voice. Ajax swallowed hard, turning his head to look at her. She continued to stare straight ahead, not even feigning looking at him. "We are aware that you are not to blame for these murders," Ajax narrowed his eyes, his fists tightening. If they knew that, then why was he restrained? It would be better to tell him that they were going to find some way to get him out. "But the purpose of your arrest and imprisonment is none other than to point the finger at someone as the killer, even if it's not the person we are looking for."

Ajax shivered, looking at the white-haired woman's profile. The lady turned her head to face him, drawing a gun and raising her arm, pointing the barrel directly at his head. Ajax sat still, looking at the weapon without moving an inch from his spot. He would rather die now than spend the rest of his days behind bars, in complete solitude for something he didn't commit. He was being used as a puppet for the police. He never trusted justice, and the fact that corruption was affecting him at the time wasn't surprising at all.

"Shoot," he whispered, holding her gaze. The woman maintained a passive gaze and expression, lowering the gun a few seconds later then tucking it away again. Ajax frowned, not understanding the purpose of her action.