astbury memories pt 1.

Harry doesn't drive and honestly as a young person living in England, he hasn't felt the need to. Most of his trips are from the shop to the flat and to his mother's house.

Lately, he has an extra address to add to that list but everything is such a walking distance in their beautiful town.

Holmes Chapel has always been home and as a child, travelling was quite hard for Anne as a single mum with a special needs son.

Not just because of his special needs but also because he's invisibly disabled, or rather differently abled as he'd prefer to be described.

The term disabled can be quite dismissive because he knows he's able in a different way and he's been able to create a life for himself with his different sense of the world.

Having an invisible disability can be draining because people constantly expect you to look a certain way and they also get uncomfortable when the symptoms come out in full force.

Travelling always brought out hidden struggles and Harry didn't get to travel for summer like his mates.

Yes, he's been to London, Scotland and Wales. It's basically the same thing to him. It annoys him because he feels limited in the travel area.

So, it was amazing when Zayn started suggesting summer road trips. Before enduring uncomfortable planes, he can start with comfortable cars and amazing views.

They've done one trip to Lymm but didn't stay the night. This time around it's a full weekend to Astbury and he even has a girlfriend coming along on the trip.

It's not much of a trip because of how close the villages are to each other but they managed to secure a beautiful house at the outskirts, so it's worth the extra drive.

An excited Rana showed up right after school went out with her bag and they got comfortable in the backseat. Harry had his playlist and stuffed bunny ready for anything as Zayn decided to drive them there.

It started off easy and Rana noticed Harry was awfully quiet, but okay.

Right now, they're driving closer to Astbury and she's been taking pictures of the amazing view.

"Next time, we're driving to Italy," she chuckles, taking a picture of the fields.

"You're driving," Zayn scoffs.

"I'll take turns with Pet," she laughs.

"I don't drive. I live in a bloody village," Pet rolls her eyes.

"You're not missing out mate," Rana smiles and returns her phone to her purse.

As she turns, she notices Harry's humming and tapping his left foot.

In silence, she observes as he squeezes the bunny in a repetitive motion and continues humming. He slowly looks to his right and stares out the window.

The beautiful green fields are embellished with colours from red, yellow, purple, white and so much more that signify flowers. He parts his mouth in awe as he admires the beauty and he presses his forehead to the window.

Rana isn't sure if to lean closer, just in case but she studies in silence. He hums a little louder with his lips parted and it sounds a little coarse. This makes her worry and exchange a look of concern with Pet.

Zayn slowly hits a speed bump and Harry blinks, immediately pulling away from the window and grabbing Rana's wrist.

"Help," he calls out, a little loud.

"So sorry everyone," Zayn winces as he continues driving.

"You're okay," Rana assures, lightly patting his knuckles.