The Car Ride

I follow the trucks down my driveway, and turn to my mom and ask, " Mom, where is this new house were moving to? You never told me any details at all. " My mom turns her head and reply " Oh I'm sorry honey. I was just so busy with all the technical stuff I've hadn't talked to you about it. Well, first thing is it's in Maine." My jaw dropped. Oh my God , what the FUCK really? My mom fails to mention we are moving from Vermont to Maine? "I know you're upset with me for failing to mention to you that we are moving out of state, and it's the middle of the school year, so you couldn't say goodbye to any of your friends, but I promise you that tomorrow I will take you back to say a last goodbye." My mom finished. Oh my God ,whats going to happen? I'm switching schools, moving to a differeny state, and lost my Dad to cancer all in the same year. Well life's going great for me. I'm so pissed. How could she not tell me this? I can't even look at her right now. I can feel my cheeks lined with tears and hear my mom open the glove compartment and put a tissue in my hand. I finally burst. "Mom how the actual fuck could you do this to me? I understand you were busy and all, but really? I mean you couldnt take 5 minutes of your time to explain where we were moving?", I say as i punch the steering wheel. Then I regretted saying it just as the last word came out. "I'm sorry I blew up mom. " " No, no sweety, you have the right to be upset with me." She said as she swiped her finger under her eye. " Its going to be okay.. you got a job, we are finally starting to recover since Dad died. He will always be with us, but we need to move on and live our lives. Im not upset with you, I know you've got a lot on  your plate. I love you, mom." I say as I weakly smile at her. We've sure got a lot of shifting to do.