The after shock

As the final bell rang, I wanted to get out of there as fast as I could. I couldn't face Dominic. I was walking down the steps in front of the school as I hear my name being called behind me. Oh shit. Its him. I really didn't want to talk about what just happened a few periods ago. He came up behind me and put his hand on my shoulder. " Hey.", he said out of breath. I guess he'd been trying to catch up to me. " Want to hang out today? I can show you around. If you want that is.", he said a little shyly. I don't know if my mom would approve of this at the moment but what the hell right? This kid knows I'm a moody girl on my period who just moved here, and he still wants to hang out with me. "Sure.", I say after I thought for a minute. "Great, I just need to drop my stuff off at home.", he says with a wink. We start walking to his car, a black Dodge Challenger. I get in, and it smells like lilacs. He gets in, and glances over to me while putting his seat belt on and winks again. Whats up with him and winking? I swear he winked at my like 10 times today. I smile and take my phone out to tell my mom I won't be home until later. We start pulling out of the parking lot and head toward his house.

We get to his house after a few minutes of casual chit chat of my friends, how I liked it so far, how long it took; stuff like that. He turned the engine off as we pulled into his driveway. Man, his house was even bigger than mine! He had at least 6 bedrooms in this place. We walked in and the foyer was like a ballroom. I stood in front of the doorway, mesmerized by this house I probably looked like a fool. He cleared his throat behind me, and I came back into reality. "Sorry, sorry. Your house is beautiful!" I say and smile. He smiles back "Thanks. My parents are both surgeons, and always wanted a big house. We host a lot of parties." He says. "I can see why." I say and giggle. He makes his way to the spiral staircase, turns and says he will be right back and once again; winks. I sit down on the couch and start picking at my chipped nail Polish.

He's been gone for like 20 minutes. I have to be getting home soon! Did he forget about me? I decide to check on him. Maybe be like fell and broke his foot or something and is so shocked he can't scream. Or something like that. Yeah, that must be it. He can't forget he brought a person home with him. I skeptically climb the stairs and when I make it to the top I hear a light moaning sound. I walk toward the noise,coming from the bedroom to the right of the staircase. I put my ear against it and hear the same sound, only louder. I get angry. I try the door knob; and its open so I swing the door open and find them in bed together; Dominic and his girlfriend. Whatever her name is. I stand there, just staring at them when she looks over at me and covers herself up. "Freak! Get the hell out of here! What the hell how did you get in here?". I look over at Dominic who is trying his best to cover himself with the thin see through sheet. I glare at him hatefully. He doesn't even look up. I storm out of the room, down the stairs and out the door. He doesn't like far from the school; only about 5 minutes by car, so I start walking back to school.

I get to the school after about 15 minutes and get into my car and slam the door. I turn the radio up high and drive away, leaving skid marks in my path.

When I get home, I walk in to find my mom cooking over the stove with mountains of boxes still everywhere. I ignore her and stomp up the stairs to my bedroom, swing my door open, slam it shut and fall over on my bed. Right as my head hit the pillow, the tears finally start flowing.