Chapter Seven

~Sabrina~

Day Four:

The next morning...

I yawned and opened my eyes. My head was pounding. I rolled over, before quickly moving back to my original position. My entire body hurt. The blisters, from every inch of my skin being burnt, had started to form. My skin felt like it was being ripped off every time it brushed against the duvet cover. I groaned in pain but quickly silenced myself, so I didn't wake my sister up. But surprisingly, I didn't hear snoring beneath me.

"Daphne?" I quickly said, panicked.

"Yes?" I heard her faintly call.

She must've gone downstairs already. This may have been the first time I had slept in later than her. If there was one thing my sister loved, it was sleep. And food. And egging on Puck and I's non-existent relationship. I cringed, remembering how I broke down in front of him the day before. I hated showing weakness. Especially to him. But worst of all, he was mad at me. He was mad that I had said I didn't love him, but, how was I supposed to love someone I didn't know anymore? It wasn't necessarily his fault that I didn't know him anymore. But, it also wasn't mine. I was confused. But, avoiding it seemed to be the best option for now. After all, we only had three days left of our vacation, and I didn't want to waste it on a pity-party over Puck.

I pulled myself out of bed and climbed down the ladder. Everything was on fire. Every time I put my leg in front of me, I felt the skin on my legs stretching and ripping. I stumbled into the bathroom. I was horrified when I looked in the mirror. My skin was redder than it had been the first day I was burnt, and my shoulders and neck were covered in little blisters. I looked down at my wrists, to discover that they too, were covered with the sores. I opened the bottom cabinet, pushed past some mouthwash, Q-tips, and extra toilet paper, to search for the aloe-vera gel that Granny recommended. There was barely any left, but still, I flipped it upside down and did my best to empty the container into my hands. It was a quarter-sized amount, but I did the best to spread it across my arm. I bent down again, hoping to find some other sort of relief. Despite how many products were in the cabinet, most being for hair, which made sense, considering Charming owned the house, there was nothing else to soothe my burnt skin.

~

"O-oh... my... Lord." Red stuttered as I walked into the kitchen, doing everything in my power to ignore the pain.

"What?" I asked, ignoring Pinocchio's gaping mouth, as I sat down.

"Holy Moly!" Daphne shrieked.

She had been cooking eggs at the stove, but now she was staring at me, with her jaw touching the floor. I searched the room for Puck, knowing he'd have something to say, but couldn't find him.

"It's just a little sunburn," I said, walking to the fridge.

"Sabrina, that' blistering..." Pinocchio trailed off.

"So?" I asked, taking a swig of the lemonade Daphne had made the day before.

I heard heavy footsteps and turned around, Puck had walked in. I watched his face turn white as he took in the sight. He sucked in his breath.

"Sabrina..." He said.

I knew he was mad at me, but it still hurt. He rarely used my real name. It was either Brina or Grimm.

"Guys," I said, addressing everyone in the room. "It's just a sunburn, it's really no big deal."

Puck walked over to me. He tapped my shoulder, sending shooting pain across the skin. The blisters were suddenly disappearing, but being replaced with raw skin.