Grieving (Royal AU)

Contains: Secret relationship, George and Karl are Princes, Sapnap and Dream are their personal guards. King Eret, Eret and George are brothers. Death, attempted assassinations

Kinoko Kingdom (Royal colour: Purple): King, Queen, Prince Karl (Knight Sapnap), 

Essempee Kingdom (Royal colour Blue): King (D) King Eret (Knight Sam) Prince George (Knight Dream) 

Relationship: Georgenotfound, Dream, Karl Jacobs and Sapnap

A week passed since Karl, George and their Knights met in the field and the ball that the Princes were looking forward to turned into a funeral for Georges father after an assignation attempt on the royal family ordered by his fathers own guard, Knight Sam and Dream had sprung into action and protected the Princes, but because the Kings guard was in on it the king had died. Leaving the Princes as orphans their mother passing years before and lead. George being the oldest was set to take the throne when his father passed but his brother had taken charge of the situation so easily that when the Knight had refused to listen to the younger boy's orders because he wasn't the crown Prince George snapped. "My brother has every right to the throne as I do, You listen to him for he'll be King " "Your highness" a knight George didn't know the name of said "As you said I'm the crowned Prince so you'll do as I say and Eret will be king I do not want the responsibility I am not ready for it , However brother I ask you appoint Sir Clay as the head of the guard while staying as my Knight" Eret nodded, he wasn't going to argue with his brother, he knew of his and Dreams relationship and knew Dream was a talented knight capable of both responsibilities. "Take the traitor to the dungeon he's to be executed for his treachery, Sir Clay will be sworn in as head of the guard" Eret said. 

A week later George sat next to his brother, their usual blue and red formal wear replaced by black as they sat in the ballroom which had been decorated with black drapes and chairs had been set out by the servants for the guests. George hadn't stood with his brother to greet the guests an hour earlier instead choosing to stay in his room. The prince wasn't taking his fathers death too well which was understandable given how close the two were even with all of Georges complaining. 

Once the funeral was over George mingled for a little bit spotting Dream by the door talking quietly to Sapnap. George snuck out of the ballroom and up the stairs and out of one of the window to the roof of the castle where he lay watching the stars as he cried. He hadn't cried since his father had died, too busy with planning the funeral changing the invites from ball to funeral, declaring his knight as head of the guard and his brother to be king. He had thrown himself into work not giving himself a moment to grieve. 

"I thought I'd find you out here" George was startled as Karl climbed out the window and lay beside him, his jacket a darker purple his shirt white. "I needed air" George said sliding over to rest his head on the youngers chest. "No, you needed to cry and didn't want people to see you, It's alright love cry for as long as you want I'll be here" Karl said kissing the top of the older's head as George cried harder. A few moments later they were joined by their knights Sapnap was ready to lecture Karl about leaving without him, since it would be his head if anything happened to the Prince but faltered seeing George curled up in his chest crying his eyes out. "You should have told us where you were going if anything were to happen" Dream said sitting down next to George and rubbing his back. "And nothing did happen Clay, George just need some space I saw him leave and follow him it didn't occur for me to tell you or my knight" Karl said. Dream sighed, he didn't want to argue with Karl, especially since it wasn't his job to protect the other prince "Sap stay here I'll call a maid to run a bath for you both and We'll stay outside, there's no need to arouse suspicions of our relationship" Dream said slipping back inside. George pulled away from Karl and sat up rubbing his eyes which were red and puffy from crying "Thank you". 

After the bath George and Karl settled into Georges large bed calling out a good night to Dream and Sapnap who stood outside the door as the two princes fell asleep in each others arms.