An Announcement

After some thought, I've decided to discontinue this draft.

I have a few reasons for why I'm doing this, but in summary my ideas are too difficult for me as a newbie writer. I've been thinking of too many different ideas and themes and different worldbuilding ideas. But now I've realized that it's just too much.

I have overcomplicated my setting. Initially, the setting was supposed to be a Toronto-style metropolis in Vancouver's location. Simple enough. But then I made this huge mistake when I suddenly decided that the world was controlled by all these absolute monarchies. I did it because I assumed that absolute monarchies would be easier to write, but I was oh so very wrong.

Because I decided to invent my setting, I actually increased my workload because now I was forced to do worldbuilding and writing at the same time. I had all these ideas about the British Empire, the various aristocrats ruling over the city, and I even tried to actually create my setting in city builder games.

But now I have realized that I got sidetracked. These ideas don't matter.

The core idea of the story is about a girl using her kitsune powers to fight villains with yokai powers. All these ideas about nobles and monarchies and city building were distracting me from this core idea. They just made my life harder.

I'm not giving up on this story. I've merely decided that the whole thing needs to be restarted and simplified. I'll try again and put the story in contemporary Toronto, which is what I should have done from the very beginning.