Fate

(Emil's P.O.V)

The lesson had ended and we already had a load of homework to do.

Just one more period left before the end of the day.

It's funny to think that I was able to get someone at my school and at my hometown.
In a way, it's fate.
I don't usually believe in fate since we have the power to control it.

But perhaps it was just the website making sure we get someone around us.
Before I went out of the classroom to my next class, I saw Elizabeta throwing a dirty look at Leon.
Wonder what that was all about.

I'll probably never figure it out.

By the end of the day, my backpack already weighed like a bunch of rocks was piled onto my back.
I felt a tap on my shoulder, when I turned around, Leon was behind me along with Lukas and Mathias.

"Want to like, walk home together?"
He asked.

I nodded and he reached out his hand, like he was telling me to take it.
I slung my backpack onto my back and closed my locker before taking hold of his hand.

"Alright, come on little lovebirds!" Mathias teased, taking Lukas' hand into his own.

"Hypocrite." I mumbled back.

We started walking on the sidewalk and Leon's hands felt surprisingly warm.
My hand is normally cold most of the time due to my low body heat.
It's below average compared to the average person.

I wasn't used to holding onto something warm so it felt weird at first.
Slowly, I took in his warmth and gosh, it feels nice like I was in a hot spring.
Wait, Leon hasn't been to one yet, right?

"Leon, remember when I said that I'll take you to a hot spring sometime?
Well... I'm thinking about it. Let's go next week. Are you free next week?" I asked.
Did it sound awkward? I feel awkward already.

"Yeah. I have no life, haha. Ideally on like, the weekend would be best." He replied.

I've noticed that Lukas and Mathias was like three meters ahead of us.

"Do you normally walk home alone?" I asked, curiously.

"No. I normally walk home with my other siblings but I've already told them that. You and Lukas seem really close, so you guys must walk home everyday right?"

"Almost everyday. Sometimes he'd forget me and whenever I do walk with them, he really only talks to Mathias. I feel left out, but I'm okay with just listening."

"But... Don't you feel lonely?"

That question threw me off.
I'm not exactly sure myself.
I mean, I have my own set of friends like... That Mathew guy and uh...
He hangs out with Sadik sometimes.
Plus there's his family.

"No. I'm not alone." I concluded after summing up everything.

"That's nice. Well, Emil. This is like, farewell for now." He pecked me on the cheek, and I noticed he was standing on his tippy toes.
It's so cute how he does that, but that gesture made my cheeks go on fire.

Ugh, I have to get used to this sort of affection soon.

"Farewell is such a strong word.
Just say 'See you later.' "

"See you later than, Emil." Leon chuckled.

We parted ways and I had to sprint to catch up with Lukas.