echos through my soul

Thranduil had become cold, he never looked my direction or acknowledged me anymore. The love we had, it felt like it had faded away and I didn't know what to do with myself, if he ever really loved me. I stood in the training room, practising my sword fighting as he watched me, through the door. I looked back at him for a moment, before I decapitated the dummy in the corner of the room. I turned away from him, as I drop my sword to the ground, the metal clanking on the tiles. I look toward the open window, "Do tell me what that look was for, my dear." I rolled my eyes, as his footsteps came closer to me. "Have you finally stopped ignoring me and treating me as a second option, Thranduil?" He stopped, that very piercing look in his eyes. It never told me what he felt, he looked emotionless. "Come to me, my love." He held his hand out to me, as I hesitated. "Tell me why you act this way." He gave me that little smile, his gaze was almost terrifying. Hopeful. He knew that I'd come back, because I always did. "Don't keep your King in suspense, my dove." I pick up my sword, as he spun me back around and gripped my lower back, pulling me into his chest, leaving me breathless. "See? That's better." I watch his eyes, still unsure of what he was thinking. "I shall leave to Mirkwood village to see my family, Thranduil. Don't push me." He ran a hand through my hair, as he chuckled. "If you leave this castle without my knowledge, I shan't be happy. And I'll come for you, you'll never not find me far behind you, dove." I push myself away from him.

"Perhaps you should focus on this never ending war, my King. Not on your personal matters." I turn and I walk away from him, I couldn't look back at him this time. As I walked back through the dungeon, one of his guards approached me. "And where is this human cockroach scurrying away to?" He snapped, as I glared at him. "I'd watch your tone, Sire. Your King shall have your head for such vulgar words." I held my ground, he laughed. "The King is simply clouded by what he believes is love. He shan't love a human as repulsive as yourself." I glared, as I held my sword, my fist white from tightness on the handle. "Is that how you speak to my love?" I was almost relieved he was here. "My lord, I simply-" he raised a hand, to silence him. "You shall not involve yourself in my private matters, especially those of love." He stood in front of me, the King towering over the guard. "You speak of her in that manner, I shall cut your tongue from your throat and feed it to the wolves. Do you understand me?" The guard turned and hurried away, as I watched him, almost shocked. He looked down at me, as I grab his jaw, kissing him softly. He leaned forward, as he snaked his arms around my waist as he pulled me in tightly. I lean up, as I slowly pull away, for some air. He smiled gently, "Is there anything I can assist you with, my love?" I shake my head, as I peck his lips once more. "Thank you." I whispered, as he gently kissed my forehead, his lips lingering there. I lean against his chest, "If you wish to join the battle in combat, I shall train you myself."

"You'll let me fight?" He gave me a solemn look. "If it makes you happy, anything." I smiled to myself, "Good." I turned, as I walked away from him. "Is that it? Just good?" I ignored him, before I went upstairs, into his chambers. I was going to make this man work for it, if it was the last thing I did. I decided to cut my hair, into a long Bob, I change my clothes into something very fitted, showing off my assets as I ran a hand through my hair. "Perfect." I cleaned myself up, before I headed down the stairs, I went against everything that we had, I left the castle and I ran toward my village, my parents had no knowledge of my relationship with Thranduil, but I couldn't tell them, they despised the King and everything he stood for. As I went into their home, my mother ran to me. "Y/n, you came back." I hugged my mother, "Of course, I had to. I had to check on you both." My father laid down, he looked very unwell. "How is he doing?" I asked, "It's been on and off, we need more medicine." I sighed, "I'll get it, don't worry mother. I'll find a way." I stand up, as I heard commotion outside. "What is that?" My mother froze. "The King.. he's here." Shit. He must of realised I was gone. "Damn it. He's come back for me. Can you sneak me out?" I asked. "My daughter, what business have you with the King?" I couldn't even explain, "I have no time, Mother. Please, trust me." She nodded, "Come back to us soon, my child." I sneak out, running back into the woods. I was very aware of my surroundings. "Shit."

I felt something against my back, I slowly turn to face him. He was pissed, I could see it in his eyes. "I warned you, my dove. What would happen if you crossed me." I take a breath, "You never would of let me go, Thranduil. I had to." He glared through me, as I held my sword up. "You dare challenge your King?" We both circled each other, as I smiled. "You pushed my hand, my Lord." His icy eyes stared through, as he chuckled. "As you wish." I dropped down, as he went for my chest, his movements were lighting fast, as he pushed me back against the tree, his arm around my throat as he held his blade to my neck. "I warned you, my love. Did I not?" He whispered, as I lean back, breathlessly. "This doesn't sound like fighters talk to me." He smirked against my ear, "I cannot slay the woman I adore." His breath against my shoulder, as I turned to face him slowly. He stepped back, as he returned his sword to his sheath. As he does so, I slide back around, slicing a cut into the side of his face as I step back, "Always watch your side, darling." He grunted, as he wiped the crimson with his finger tip. "Well played, my dove." I push myself onto my feet, "Let that be a warning, Thranduil." I tied my hair back, "If you return to me, I shall not take matters into my own hands. You really don't want to see me angry." I turned, as I began to walk away from him, feeling that cold stare on my back as I take a deep breath. As I had got further into the woods, I felt something was seriously wrong. I turned.

When I look back, two elven men knocked me to the ground, as I struggled to get back up, one kicks me in the stomach and grabs my hair, throwing me against a tree. I could barely breathe, as he tied me up, "Money." He kept repeating, even though I had none, I just cried. I couldn't get to my sword, as he grabbed my face and he smacked me, as I try and push my hands through the rope. Within seconds, I heard them both drop to the ground, dead. Fear rose within me, as I try and get the rope off me. I panicked, when I saw Thranduil's eyes, his eyes still emotionless. He quickly untied me, as I jumped into his arms, he held me tightly, as I lean into his shoulder. "I've got you, breathe my love. Breathe." I shut my eyes, feeling his heartbeat loud and quick against my chest.

And I felt glad, to have a man like him beside me.