Quantico Or Chicago

Chapter 3- Quantico or Chicago

   Arden sat on the plane to Tennessee going over the case files Garcia had given her

Arden sat on the plane to Tennessee going over the case files Garcia had given her. She read through each file carefully in hopes to find a pattern. Her plane eventually landed and she took a taxi to the police station the team was working from. Once she arrived she found the team "Hey everyone, have we found anything?" She questioned as she soon as she walked up the group. They all greeted her and told her sorry for your loss. She gave them a soft smile before saying thank you. "As of right now we have two female victims, both of which had their hearts surgically removed post death." Rossi spoke up. "Any particular reason it's the heart? Have we looked into anyone with surgical skills?" Arden questioned "We have Garcia searching but we do not have much to go off of currently" Hotch responded to which she just nodded her head.

    The team continue to look for answers and a way to profile this unsub. None of the victims seem to be connected. The second day the team was working this case, another victim was found. Arden sat in the conference room of the police station going through files when Garcia called "Talk to me Pen" Arden said "So it turns out all of the victims are actually connected. They were all apart of a support group for people who have lost someone to heart failure." Garcia told her over the phone "Makes sense why the Unsub is removing the hearts on his victims. Something must have triggered them. Thanks for information Pen, I'll let everyone else know." Arden said before hanging up with Garcia. She had relayed the information to the rest of the team and began to search for their Unsub. The team eventually tracked down their Unsub before he hurt his next victim. With the victim safe and the Unsub caught, they headed back home.

     Once the team loaded up onto the jet, Arden sat down next to Morgan and rested her head on his shoulder. She still had yet to decide if she wanted to move back home to Chicago. She loved the team and everything they did but the thought of something happening to her dad or Erin while she was states away hurt her. She knew she should probably talk to Hotch about her future with the BAU but decided it was best to wait till tomorrow. The team eventually made it back to Virginia and Spencer gave her a ride home. Once she arrived to her apartment she changed and called Erin who answered on the first ring "Hey Ar, how are you holding up? Hank said you were working a case." Erin said "Hey Erin, I'm okay and yeah was working a case but we just got back. I wanted to ask your opinion on how you would feel if I moved back home and maybe joined intelligence." Arden questioned "I would love to have you around again Arden but I don't want you to just completely drop your job for me and Hank. It's a big decision but whatever you decide, we will support you Ar." Erin responded to which Arden just nodded her head. The two talked for a bit longer before hanging up. Arden proceeded to get ready for bed with her decision weighing heavily on her mind.

The next morning Arden arrived to work and greeted everyone. She sighed and headed to Hotch's office. She proceeded to knock on the door and waited to he cleared her to come in "Hey Hotch, can we talk?" She questioned to which he nodded. She closed the office door behind her and took a seat "I wanted to talk about my future here at the BAU." Hotch put his pen down and looked at her "You're leaving." He stated to which she nodded "Please understand that I thought long and hard about this. With everything that has happened to my brother. I feel it's best I move back home and work with my fathers unit. I love this team and everything we do but I feel like for me, this is my best choice." She stated as she waited for him to respond "I completely understand Arden, you have been a very valuable member of this team but you will be missed deeply." Hotch stated "I appreciate everything you have done for me Hotch. If the team ever needs me, I will always be there." The two stand up and shake hands "Probably should tell everyone else." Arden told Hotch to which he nodded. They then called everyone to the conference room. "I'm officially putting in my resignation and moving back to Chicago. I love every single one of you and loved being a member of this team but this is what's best for me currently." Arden announced with small tears forming. She hated leaving the BAU but this was the best choice for her and she stood by that, even if it meant leaving her second family. Rossi came over and gave her kiss on the head "We will miss you. How about one last group dinner at my house." To which Arden agreed too. Everyone else gave Arden a hug and told her they were proud of her. The group broke up and all left to get ready for dinner at Rossi's. On her way to her apartment she called her dad and told him that she was moving back home.

Up next...
Arden officially moves back to Chicago and joins intelligence. What happens when she gets paired up with the one and only Adam Ruzek?